SRS For those who don't see a point to life...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Timdog, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Some may remember my previous thread. I had gotten better for a little while , but I began to feel down again. I kept wishing I would just fall asleep and never wake up. I didn't really see the point in going on...

However, today I realized something. I started thinking that there is so much to do in this world that why would I ever want to just give up and stop my life? There's so many places to go, so many things to see, so many people to meet.. the possibilities are endless. So, I've begun making a list of things that I want to do so that I really never get bored. And as I discover more things to do, I'll add them to the list. Hell, just trying to read all the books that you want to would never end. Hopefully this can give some hope to someone out there. :hsd:

Also, try adding things that can benefit your well-being or other's well-being. One of the first things on my list is to drink more water and less soda while exercising more and eating healthier. Maybe you could put down that you want to do better in school or get a better job. The biggest thing is that you just have to DO the things that you list. I gurantee you'll never run out of things to do. You just need to start somewhere. :x:

2. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

I lost 20lbs a couple years ago just by cutting out soda alone.

A friend of mine had similar results cutting his soda intake as well. Turned from being BIG...into a regular marathon runner now.

Good for you!!!

3. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Sorry if this is a bit offtrack here, but I need a little help with something. :)

My original plan for a career was one as a Game Designer. I have since investigated what needs to be done to get to this position and decided that it's really not for me. I did realize what I like to do. I like to play/read/view something, be it a movie, game, story, book, magazine, etc and then analyze it. See where it succeeds, see where it fails, see what it does that other things don't, etc. I then like to improve upon it by suggesting ideas or correcting the errors that people have in it. Misspellings, plot holes, dead ends, grammar mistakes, etc. However, I have no idea what type of job involves this. Care to suggest any to me? :wavey:

4. Toasty

Editor, producer, directors.....

5. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Hmmm, director doesn't really fit me. Editor might fit me, but I don't really like grammar that much so maybe that's a bad choice.

Maybe I should explain a little more. I like to perfect things. Take something and make it the best that it can. Maybe I'm a perfectionist, I don't really know. I think editor probably is the closet job that I can think of right now. Hopefully someone else can make some more suggestions. :x:

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

That sounds like growing bonsai trees :dunno: with gardening you have to start something, analyze it. See where it succeeds, see where it fails, see what it does that other things don't, etc. Maby you like this aspect of nature as a job oppertunity.

7. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

I never knew soda mattered so much. I'm at work and we have free drinks, so virtually everyday I grab a small soda to drink. I've noticed that i have been gaining weight from this and I need to choose healthier foods!

btw, thanks for the post timdog, i was thinking about the same thing.. but then the depression comes back and you realize, bah who cares anyway. Well, I've got a new subscription for some welburtrin(sp?) started taking it today.. hopefully it helps!

8. Toasty

Check the calories on a can the next time. I think it's around 250-300?

That's equivalent to the amount of cals I burn running 2 miles last I checked. Too lazy to run 2 miles? Drink one less can of soda :nono:

Yesterday I saw this little girl who could have been no more then about 5 or 6 years old who looked at least 30lbs overweight. She was waddling rather then walking. Of course she happened to be sucking on a 24 oz bottle of coke at the time too.

9. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Hmmm, I decided to try something. I went to a liberal arts college's website and copy/pasted the courses that I would be interested in taking. Now, I just need to figure out what this could lead me to in a job. :p
    Asian Languages
    Asian & Middle Eastern Studies
    Computer and Information Technology
    East Asia Languages & Civilization
    English
    Japanese
    Korean
    Landscape Architecture and Regional Planning
    Latin
    Military Science
    Philosophy
    South Asia Studies
    Urban Design

Man, I have a lot of things dealing with Asia in there. o_O

10. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Sigh, I'm even more confused right now. I've decided against anything within the game design business as it's not really what I imagined it to be. To be honest, there isn't much that I really like to do. Perhaps if I list what I like to do, someone can suggest a way to make money out of it?

Play Computer Games - I enjoy doing it with my friends the most though:cool:
    Fool around with computers - tweaking, overclocking, messing with linux, etc
    Read books
    These next two will probably get me labeled a big nerd, but I don't care::hs:
    Watch anime
    Read Manga
    Listen to rock, heavy metal, alternative, movie soundtracks, and trance/techno
    When I'm on a plane or something, my mind tends to wander to things dealing with philosophy such as the meaning of life, morality, etc. Although, this has stopped since I took up my new style where I've stopped worry about that stuff. :hs:
    I also like to create my own storie in my head. I've created quite a few very long ones which I think are pretty good.

Probably should add in some of my talents... well, I don't really have many. :/
    I can write very well as long as I don't have to follow a set formula like I usually do at school.:rolleyes:

I can get something done if I have to. I've never missed an A in my life :noes: and I've got a lot of motivation. But I really don't have a specific area in life that I'm good at. Maybe it's too early?

As far as a favorite class, Literature is probably my favorite. I really like to read books and think about them afterwards. Nothing really beats a good book that makes you think IMO.

So, now that I've basically told you everything that I do when I'm not in school:noes:, maybe I can get some direction on a job/career. :x:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  11. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Disregard my previous post, it isn't that important anymore... Well, I've been trying my own advice for a few days now, but I'm still running into a problem. My mind feels like it's running 24/7. I'm always thinking, thinking, thinking. I can still concentrate on things and get things done, but my mind is still always racing. I have no idea how to describe it more. It's like I have this guy in my head::run:

12. Spike2k

Spike2k New Member

dude i fuckin know what you mean. christ my mind is so busy. however i find it hard to concentrate on anything. it's :run: x 2