For those that actually ENJOYED cloverfield...VIDEO, Manga and spoilers

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Persephone, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Persephone

Persephone New Member

For those that saw and would like to know where it came from and how it got there here you go.

If you haven't seen it watch the vid, read the manga and then watch the movie and come back to read the spoilers if you can't figure it out.

http://www.break.com/index/leaked-scene-from-cloverfield.html

I thought I knew too but I didn't.
    *Spoilers*

At the credits ending of Cloverfield, the audio from the video cam says, "Help us!". But when played backwards, it says, "It's still alive!" This happens after the end credits of Cloverfield. Assuming the speaker was Rob, he suggests Cloverfield (the monster) is still alive. This also suggests a sequel for Cloverfield 2!

The Japanese oil company TAGRUATO drops a satellite (Chimpanz III) into the ocean as part of viral marketing (shown at the end of the movie when Rob and Beth were on the ferris wheel).

TAGRUATO works with SLUSHO (a slush company), as the main ingredient for SLUSHO is found at the satellite dropzone (deep ocean). While searching for satellite and ingredients, they woke Cloverfield (the monster).

People who were at the party in the beginning of the movie, were seen wearing SLUSHO shirts. Rob apparently was going to be the Vice President of TAGRUATO in Japan.

The main ingredient of Slusho apparently turns a tiny fish into a HUGE whale, which explains the size of Cloverfield. The main ingredient is a deep sea nectar.

For animals/fishes/insects to survive in the deepest ocean (very high boiling temperature), they naturally have very high heat resistance. This explains how Cloverfield is able to withstand numerous bombs and attacks from the army.

Cloverfield refers to the field formerly known as Central Park. Clovers are
    usually prone to grow at places after bombing. Thus the term "Clover" and "field" referring to park.

2. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Interesting...

3. Persephone

Persephone New Member

I thought so. There is a lot more behind it than people give it credit. Personally I liked it and the more I read and find out about it the more I want to go back and watch it again.

4. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

where is said manga?

5. Persephone

Persephone New Member

6. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Got that stuff from doomgeeks or whatever the fuck it's called?

7. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

damn taht makes so much sense

8. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Whoa... they made the move after the manga? o_O
    I might just be stuck reading the manga then :o
    Couldn't stand the movements and angles of the camera

9. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Yea it does have a blair witch feel to it but I don't get motion sickness so I enjoyed it alot.

I always love hearing people bitch about movies as they walk out as if they had no idea what it was going to be like when they paid for their ticket. lol

I almost got in a fight with some douche bag who would not shut the fuck up for the first 15 minutes AND he brought his kid(i assume it was his kid) who wouldn't shut up either. Eventually me and my younger brother(pretty big kid for an 18yr old) walked up to him and 2 man "possy" and told him to shut the fuck up or grab his kid and get the fuck out.

It was so great to hear the ENTIRE audience start laughing and screaming, "Thank you!". :rofl:

10. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

I usually don't get motion sickness, but from this I really did. Overall, I didn't even think I was going to vomit! After awhile I couldn't take it anymore so I walked out. The manager was kind enough to give me two free passes to a movie because she too tried watching the movie but couldn't finish it herself.

The only thing that really bugged me was that they didn't have any signs at the ticket booth or they didn't tell you that you might get motion sickness from it. Either way, it's done and over with.

I hate people who talk in theatres. They're so annoying--especially when they're "shhing" everyone else. :ugh:

11. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

:wtf: how is that manga related to the movie at all?

12. Persephone

Persephone New Member

lol you're kidding right....:rofl:

It's even copyrighted by paramount for Christ's sake. Did you even read the manga or watch the movie? lol

13. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Naw, I just researched some cloverfield shit and this all came up through various websites. Figured some other nerds would enjoy taking a look to so I was just sharing the love. :wavey:

14. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

my friend said this information is flawed

15. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Woah....too much info man and your friend is an idiot but I'd like to hear his argument.

16. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

This is what he said -

"I think this information is flawed because Slusho has nothing to do with the movie, it is something from the show Alias. Plus when the movie was being filmed it was advertised as Slusho and Cheese to throw people off. Though the points in your email make sense, it just goes reinforces my statement about people wanting the movie to be something more. "

17. Persephone

Persephone New Member

If anything it makes even more sense. Especially considering the manga takes place BEFORE the movie, not after.

Slusho does have a lot to do with that movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slusho

Slusho! makes an appearance as the Japanese soft drink company that hires Rob for a job in marketing. In the teaser trailer, the logo can be seen on a t-shirt worn by a character named Jason "Hawk" Hawkins (played by Mike Vogel). As later explained, Rob gave his brother the T-Shirt after receiving it from the Slusho! company.

The directors and paramount were dropping clues and hints all over the net for this specific reason, there is more to the movie than people think.

It does have to do with alias and there are even videos on the net that connect the two.

Search slusho and alias on google and you'll see what I mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slusho

Slusho! is a fictional drink featured in the projects of producer J.J. Abrams, including his television show, Alias and his film, Cloverfield.

Looks like your friend was wrong. waka waka :wiggle:

18. A Juggalo

A Juggalo Active Member

:rofl::rofl:DEEEZAMMMM someone got FUCKED UP hahahahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

19. Persephone

Persephone New Member

I'd love to hear what his friend has to say now. lawl

Probably something along the lines of..."doh!"