WEB for those of you with some spare money and some advertising her eis my idea of a host

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by thomor25, Sep 24, 2007.

1. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

i was gonna call it www.1gigunmetered.com basically you get 100 of everything and unmetered bw as uch as you could push and 1 gig of space for 10-15 bucks a month. There would be 100 cleints per a box. no ssh access. 100 clients at 10 a month is 1k a month. The box would cost about 400 a month with a 20mbit unmetered line. thats 600 a month per a box profit you would make. Get about 10 of these running and that 6k a month. ut about 3-500 of that would go to a tech company that would take care of tickets and stuff a month. from there everythign is otu of your hands all you gotta take care of is advertising and getting new clients.

I was going to go big with this with a datacenter in pittsburgh but they had problems in their company already and would have had to get a drop put in from cogent. using an existing datacenter like hivelocity would eb perfect.

2. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo Live Free or Die

sounds like a good idea, so what did you want from us?

3. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

nothing, just thought i'd put it out there if someone wanted to do it or to give them an idea to run with

4. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo Live Free or Die

gotcha :bigthumb:

5. pkr

pkr Guest

It's a good idea, but there is already so much competition with hosting companies right now it'd be hard to get other people besides OT on there

6. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

no 100mbps no care.