MIL For those of you who remember.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Weasel, Dec 5, 2007.

1. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

Back in September I received a DUI for driving with a BAC of 0.07. Well my punishment has finally been given.

Article 15

14 days extra duty.
    14 days restriction to post.
    7 days pay.
    180 days license suspension.

No rank taken, but I will under "parole". If I fuck up anything. Downgrade to E1.

2. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

Well i didn't want to post the whole story again but...

I went to Oktoberfest back in September with a couple of friends....I drove down there friday night, next day drink and hang out at the Beer tents....have fun...go to bed and get stop at a random Polizei check point. They do the whole License/registration thing and then proceed to give me a breathalyzer where I blow a 0.07 and then they give another one at the station (which I never got the results for:ugh:) and then the MP's show up and they give me one at their station. (0.00):ugh:. So anyway now to Monday I see a lawyer and he says just take the Article because they can't really do anything else then give me a Reckless driving charge.

As far as the BAC.....UCMJ Article 111 states that the limit cannot exceed 0.10. So I am in the clear.

And I was 20 when it happened, but my age never came into the picture, seeing as you can drink when you are 18 in Germany.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  3. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

Well I'm an MP, and on my base at least, the legal limit is 0.05. However we usually go off of the .08. People have a common misconseption that if you blow lower then a .08 you are in the clear. That is incorrect. You can still be charged with "Impaired to the slightest degree" meaning that if the cop can proove that there is any impairment at all, you can be arrested (at least in Arizona)

But congrats for not getting busted down. Take it as a learning experience and better yourself from it. It might be tough to overcome, but it's not a carreer killer.

4. Roshambo

Roshambo Yes, I'm a Marine. No, I haven't killed anyone.

I am an MP as well, and be glad you got busted in Germany and not in Okinawa. They just changed the rules for punishment for out in town DUIs. Now even the drunk guy passed out in the back can get busted. And I am talking big fines and fish heads and rice in a Japanese prison?

Of course, how your command punishes you will vary, but you could have gotten a worse punishment. Reduction to E1 would be a real bummer. ;)