GUN For those of you who reload...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GlobeGuy, Apr 30, 2008.

1. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

... do you guys tumble your cases outside using extension cords? I found few people on THR that did this, and I am wondering if this is a good precaution to take.

2. sprite

sprite Active Member

Tumble in the garage. Take tumbler & media separator outside to separate.

I'm new to the whole thing too though :rofl:

3. Hooch

Hooch New Member

garage over night

4. AB13

AB13 New Member

I tumble indoors, but you definitely want to watch out for "afterwards" when you sift your media out of your brass. That is where all of the lead deposits can get you and where you see a plume of deposits float around in the air. You definitely don't want to inhale that dust. I use surgical gloves and a mask and do that outside.

Having a newborn at home, I'm not taking any chances.

It may also be a good idea to include "lead levels testing" with your normal annual physical exam if you shoot indoors a considerable amount or reload. My levels were pretty high last year.

5. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I don't do it in bulk and I am new too it, about 100 rounds at a time reloaded. I tumble inside, but I simply put on gloves and hand pick through the media in the tumbler and pull out the cases and dump out, then its on to the press.

I only reload one caliber right now so its not a big deal if I miss one or two, simply because I'll pick them up the next time around. When I get to multiple calibers I might have to rethink the whole situation.