GUN For those of you that were into shooting before 1996

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by xpinchx, Nov 12, 2008.

1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I've barely been shooting a year so let me ask you, was it like this before the first AWB was signed? I can't find shit anywhere. Everyone is out of stock of everything that matters. :hs:

2. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

I remember going to gun shows as a kid and seeing 25 round 10/22 mags for 60$ around that time.

3. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I bought one of those for $65 online back around 2001 or so. I didn't even realize that the ban was going to sunset in 3 years, and figured it was probably going to get extended.

4. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Nope the only thing the ban did back then was change some shit around on the configuration of weapons, it sucked yes, but I don't remember price gouging, the only things that were a little more spendy were preban Norincos and Poly's and AR lowers. Hell when I was in high school in 93 you could buy 1280 rounds of 556 for $118 bucks at JG Sales. SKS Norincos were $69 dollars, brand new MAK 90s were $150-$180 and 1000 rounds of Chinese 762 ammo was $60 bucks.

5. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

all I did pre-ban was buy 10 $85 SKS`s and then sold them over the next 4-5 years

6. smartypants

smartypants New Member

This is what I remember.
    I would have bought pallets of ammo had I known.

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Once word of the upcoming ban got out, yes, most of the guns got hard to find. Not so much magazines until after the ban passed. Not quite as bad since the Internet wasn't as widely used to spread news as it is today. Same people freaking out, same people poo-pooing the idea of a ban.

8. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

we used to have nonchain dollar store here, and they would get guns by the crate... it was a crap shoot as to the quality they get... i remember buying my first sks for $65, cleaning it up... then selling it years down the road for $220.

9. AB13

AB13 New Member

LOL, yes. Panic purchasing at it's finest. Except in 96 we didn't have the clusterfuck that is internet purchasing. We were all ordering stuff off of Shotgun News and our neighborhood FFL, which for me was my uncle. (back when anyone and everyone could be an FFL)

10. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

my neighbor was buying stuff in the gun-run, for guns he didn't have... just stuff he knew would be a money maker.

11. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

One thing I dont remember being a problem was the availability of mags because many manufacturers went into overdrive getting as many built before the deadline as possible. Para, for instance, still had mags and was giving away two free with every gun purchase as much as 3-4 years into the ban because they produced so many before the deadline.

The prices for pre-ban mags did skyrocket after the ban. I remember paying in '97or '98 over $50 for a 15 round sig mag.

12. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i was 9 in 1996 :hsd:

13. Painkiller

Painkiller The Synarchy of Molten Bones

I got a 10/22 from my dad in 1994. :o