For Those Looking For A Rotary Polisher

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by jjski78, Mar 6, 2007.

1. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

2. Pats300zx

Pats300zx New Member

I got mine on sale at HF for $29.99. I have had it for over a year with new pads and all. I just never have gotten up the nerve to use it yet....:noes:

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:eek3: Looks like a good deal. I see the Vector rotary on sale occasionally at Pep Boys too. Might just get one or the other before popping for a $200+ Makita or Metabo.

4. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Just got mine. It scared the crap outta me though. Started it on the lowest setting and didn't want to work. Turned it up, then back down and worked fine.:dunno: Did the wife's car with 3M Perfect-It Fine cut rubbing compound with a 3M compounding pad, and then the 3M Perfect-It II Foam Polishing pad glaze-dark. Topped it off with Mother's NXT wax. Didn't do too bad, but the car needs a repaint. Most of the scratches are just too deep to polish out.

It was my first time using a rotary, and it was pretty easy. It did want to fling compound everywhere even though I primed the pad like everyone says too. Just started the speed slow, and then gradually worked it up faster. I didn't use it on my truck though. Did that by hand with the old standard Meguiars 3 step. Truck came out ok. I think I'm gonna try the 3M polish with their show car wax over the top. Then again I might go nuts and buy all new stuff. The wife is gonna kill me!!! Already waiting for my tax return to come in so I can get a PC, since my truck does not need the aggressiveness of a rotary.