GUN For those interested in pocket holsters

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by VladTemplar, Dec 27, 2007.

1. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

I ordered one of these...

http://www.activeprogear.com/64.html

...for my father for Christmas. He's carried a full-sized Glock .45 and .40 back when he was a police officer and now carries a compact .40 and MP5K as a US Marshall court protective officer (the MP5K rotates, he doesn't always carry it). When he retired from the police force he pretty much got sick of carrying a full-size everywhere, indeed he had purchased a gun bag and simply carried the gun bag wherever he went because he hated having the gun on him.

When he retired and did away with the gun bag he didn't want to give up carrying a gun altogether, he feels naked without one. So he purchased a Beretta Tomcat 32 (.32 ACP) pistol. He'd just been dropping it in his pocket for awhile now and I thought I could get him something good for it.

That holster is absolutely spot on, it stays up right and in it's place no matter how much you move or how hard you try to draw it. I can't use the holster myself (he's left handed) but I can tell the build quality is absolutely phenomenal and is incredibly useful.

I've been toying around with what I wanted to buy as a carry pistol, and I think I've settled on a P3AT along with one of these holsters. It'll work aboslutely perfectly.

2. smartypants

smartypants New Member

I carry a pocket holster for my G27. Made by Andrews, horsehide natural finish, rough side out.
    I am very happy with it.

3. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

I liked that this wasn't an animal hide holster, I've seen too many fall apart.

4. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

would the 64C work for a G26?

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

looks exactly like a nemesis, but twice as expensive.

6. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Huh? Then you've been using/seeing POOR quality leather. My dad still carries in holsters 10+ years old daily.

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

QFT, leather should have a very very long service life unless its a cut of hide that shouldn't be used for holsters to begin with like the belly or the user is doing something stupid like rubbing conditioners on it.

Those look like fine pocket holsters but they don't look any better than an uncle mikes for quite a bit more.

I just made a leather holster for my jframe a couple days ago, it seems decent :big grin:

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

You must have some big goddamn pockets. :o

I can't stand anything that big riding in my pockets. P3AT size is ok, much bigger than that is uncomfortable as hell.

9. tbreed725

tbreed725 New Member

i carry my bug in a desantis nemesis holster very good sturdy holster sticks to the inside of your pocket and wont draw when you draw the gun.

10. Jinkle

Jinkle Habs/Vikings > *

Nemesis > *