WEB For those familiar with JQuery

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Azazel28, May 11, 2009.

1. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

http://www.fubiz.net/

I want to mimic the slide functionality of the home/user icon which uses the mootools library. Anyone with a good understand of JQuery know how this can be done or can direct me to a tutorial?

2. fishbulb

fishbulb Active Member

3. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Yea I've already searched that and I could not find similar functionality to what I need.

4. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

am i retarded, or is that just using css :o

Code:
    <ul id="sidenav"> 
    		<li class="home"><a href="http://www.fubiz.net" title="Main News"><span>Main News</span></a></li> 
    		<li class="users"><a href="http://www.fubiz.net/category/users-stuff/" title="Users Stuff"><span>User Stuff</span></a></li>	
    	</ul> 

Code:
    #sidenav{position:absolute;margin:20px 0 0 -119px;width:123px;list-style-type:none;padding:0;display:block;overflow:hidden;}
    .userfeed #sidenav,.about #sidenav,.search #sidenav{margin-top:85px;}
    #sidenav li a{display:block;height:23px;width:123px;margin-left:103px;}
    #sidenav li a span{display:none;}
    #sidenav li.home a{background:url(images/switch_main.jpg) no-repeat;margin-bottom:2px;}
    #sidenav li.users a{background:url(images/switch_userstuff.jpg) no-repeat;}
    #quick_loader{display:block;float:left;width:60px;background:#fff url(images/loading.gif) no-repeat 5px center;font-family:'Trebuchet MS',Arial,Sans-serif;padding:2px 2px 2px 25px;margin-top:15px;display:none;-moz-border-radius: 5px;-webkit-border-radius: 5px;}
    #fancyloader{display:block;-moz-border-radius: 5px;-webkit-border-radius: 5px;background:#fff url(images/loading.gif) no-repeat 5px center;width:60px;font-family:'Trebuchet MS',Arial,Sans-serif;padding:2px 2px 2px 25px;margin-top:15px;}
    #formclose{display:block;height:14px!important;width:14px!important;background:url(images/search_btn-suppr.jpg);position:absolute;margin:5px 0 0 124px}
    #formclose:hover{background-position:0!important}

5. fishbulb

fishbulb Active Member

Can't do the bounce and slide with just CSS, need some JS. You'll probably find in the js code somewhere the effect is applied to all span content contained by the sidenav element

6. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

so, the answer is yes, yes I am :hsd:

:o