For the people in here that shave their head (ie Fabian, MiketheVike)

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by therealdeal, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Do you have any tips for not getting a rash after shaving it? I'm shaving mine this weekend to raise money for cancer and hoping to avoid any suffering later on. Sicklife said to check elitefitness but I couldnt find anything over there.

2. Moistfly

Moistfly Anal Bum Cover

I shave mine ... only tips I have are use electric clippers on the 1/8th (one) setting ... go with the grain and go slowly. Then use a mach three or something similar, and some shaving cream and go with the grain ... I don't put anything on it afterward because usually they just irritate my skin :o

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

My scalp is gonna be red for about a day after I shave but then it goes away. Especially if I use the Mach 3, I always get a little razorburn around my neck.

4. armond

armond New Member

I use to 0 my head out, until I cut myself with clippers on the back of my neck...

Now I use the guard with the 1 as a setting... I do not shave it.

There is some type of shaving stuff that women use for their sensitive areas, and they say that is really good for use on your head.

5. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

do it in or after the shower because hot water opens your pores up and you can get a better smoother shave

6. JAFAR

JAFAR FPS whore OT Supporter

I use electric clippers without a guard to get pretty close. I haven't grown enough balls to bic it yet though... :noes:

7. RunDMT

RunDMT OT Supporter

I just soap it up a little and use a mach3, never got a rash. Although, I keep it shaved every other day or so which might make a difference.

8. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Cool, thanks guys thats about what I was going to do so hopefully it all works out. Maybe I should use some woman shaving cream on my head.

9. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

I haven't shaved mine with a mach3 in a few months, just been shaving it with clippers. But when I did mach3 it, I did it before i got in the shower. Sometimes I had a problem with ingrown hairs and breaking out on the back of my neck, but no rash or anything anywhere else. It would be worse if I shaved it, then rested the back of my head/neck on a chair, or on my pillow while I slept.

10. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

I just use clippers without a guard. I think it looks better :o

11. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

I always clip it on the lowest setting first if I actually have hair.

Once that's done I'll shave with the grain if it's the first time I've shaved in a while, after that I'll go against every time. Mach 3 razor, every other day.

I don't get razorburn, or if I do its very little. New blades are key, after two shaves they're useless.

12. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

one problem with that..

when your pores are hot, the hairs stick out farther than usual...so you cut the hair short, then the pores close back up as your skin cools.. the edges go back into your scalp and when they start to grow back out, you get ingrown hairs .. i prefer to use moderately luke warm water to avoid this.. LOTS of shaving cream and some fragrance free lotion afterwards

13. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

werd, one time I did it in the shower, and the back of my neck broke out hardcore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.