SRS For some reason I've started not being able to talk to girls

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sirc, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

I don't know why, but I've been really shy lately. If you've read some of my posts I do a lot of ballet and spend a lot of time around girls. I haven't really ever had a problem talking to girls in the past. But recently I've been tongue-tied and cannot approach women or reciprocate their tells.

Example: The other day I was at a starbucks looking at this cup and said, "How cute." I didn't notice the girl there, but she was a worker at Starbucks and she thought I was talking about her. She smiled and waved at me, she was blushing.

I didn't know what to say or how to approach her. I just got all tongue-tied and just pathetically waved at her, got my drink and walked away. She was beautiful, brow-haired blue-eyed, sexy and had a great smile.

I don't know why or what's up with me. :(

2. xrukus07x

xrukus07x Active Member

ahh dude! you had it! but that's besides the point. i know what you mean. i kinda have the same problem too but i'm getting better at it. most of the time i have this thought in my head that my absolute goal is to just get with that chick first try. but what i do know is to rid of that mentality and just focus on talking to her. i dont think about hooking up with them i just try to talk to as if they were anybody else. that's how i overcome my shyness because im considered the shy guy of the group. and don't worry about an amazing comeback or greeting. a simple "hello" and followed by a light conversation will suffice. but when it comes down to it all you got to have is confidence. now i'm not like a pro at this or anything but i hope i was able to help out in some way.:wavey::dunno:

3. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Did perhaps something happpened lately to make you lose confidense in yourself? Someone embarrassed you?

4. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Nah, I just don't feel like talking to them. I don't know. I really think something could've happened. She had a stable job, probably was going to school. So she's not a total psychopath.

I just feel like I should've done something or acted on it or something. I don't know, I've never been shy before. I've always been more comfortable around women than men and have always been able to talk to them and flirt and be charming, but recently it's just been bleh.

5. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

:rofl:

Just on a side note, what was so cute about the starbucks cup?

And it sounds like you can still save this situation, just go back there on friday and ask her out for lunch or something. Good luck. :bigthumb:

6. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

The cup had this little teddy bear on it drinking coffee.

7. mrj

mrj New Member

Any chance you're realizing :greddy:?

Serious question.

If not, I lose confidence often. I'm terrible at small chitchat with people I don't know. But if you don't feel the urge to talk to them, what's the point of forcing yourself?

8. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Because she's hot and I would like to put my penis inside her vagina. I'm usually not terrible at it. I'm actually really good and witty at small chitchat. I just feel really not confident and unwilling to try.

And no, I'm just really girly at times and the cup was pretty cute. The fucking bear was drinking coffee and spazzing out. I'm not :greddy:.

9. mrj

mrj New Member

Well, you know where she is at least a few hours a day, not like you can't make up for it at some other time. :)

10. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Will try.

11. tidalxwave

tidalxwave WWKD? OT Supporter

You don't have to say much to communicate to someone.

Just smile and that will bring more confidence to you and project towards others.

Maybe after you see that person x amount of times, just go up to her and say something like,

"i see you work here often, every time i come by you're always here!"
    she'll probably say, "yeah, i schedule my shifts around this time or the boss has me working these shifts,"

then you can go and say something like, "do you go to school around here (assuming if they work at starbucks they're a younger age bracket)
    she'll probably say, yeah i go here or no, i finished here or i am about to go here
    then you say, oh really..and then the rest is up to you,

talk about majors, what year they are, classes, what they plan on doing after graduation, how long they've been working..

just some stuff i thought up in the past 15 seconds if i were in your shoes

and just be genuine and don't try so hard and everything will be ok.

12. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Seriously!! Try again!!

13. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Thanks everyone!!!