For scratches and swirls?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by iLLt3ck, May 6, 2003.

1. iLLt3ck

iLLt3ck OT Supporter

I've read and purchased the Meguiard products from the product list and I went thru the whole process on my hood and looking dead on I can still see small thin scratches etc all over the hood. I did the Fine Cut Cleaner, Swirl Remover 2.0, then High tech yellow, then s100. Now from and angle in front or in back of the car the finish is to die for but looking right at the hood you can still see all the imperfections. I was under the impression that that swirl remover would take car of those parts. Any ideas?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If the swirls/scratches are under the clearcoat, you won't be able to remove them. Try using either Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish or even Medium Cut on a small section and see if that works. You may just have minor paint problems you will have to live with unless you want to repaint the car.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Also, you're basically wasting time and energy if you use BOTH Meguiar's #26 and S100. They're both waxes. You'll get a great shine with just the S100 on top of whatever you're polishing with. Remember, wax is always the last step, unless you're using a quick detailer.

4. iLLt3ck

iLLt3ck OT Supporter

with the fine cut cleaner and swirl remover 2.0 it says on the back of the bottle that you HAVE to use a rotary buffer for application. I found the cleaner rather difficult to take off even with microfiber towels, whats the trick?

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Do like one panel of your car at at time, front to back like the wind flows over your car while you're driving. After you work it in until it's almost clear and dry, buff it off the same way with an MF towel. You do not have to use a buffer for those polishes.