A&P For Sale - Quantum Turbo Battery

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LowLikeWhoaF150, May 4, 2007.

1. To use this you will need a power cable that goes from the battery to your flash model. You can use this with Nikon, Canon and others as long as there is a Quantum power cord made for your model flash. I just sent this off to quantum to be tested and tuned up for routine maintenance. I have 2 others, they're great power packs and they last forever. I'm only selling so I can upgrade to the new smaller model.

"The Turbo Battery is a Heavy duty portable power source for shoe and handle mount flashes. It has the fastest recycling and the most shots per charge of any Quantum Battery. It lets you choose between ultimate speed or economy mode for maximum flash capacity."

$389 on B&H - I'd like at least $320

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...ls&Q=&sku=43375&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

2. Evan

Evan OT Supporter

Fuck that.

3. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

fuck you

4. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

These are awesome. I have one, I use it for all the time in my wedding work. Makes the flash output way more consistent.

5. hash browns

hash browns lolcathlon champion OT Supporter

did you steal this ?

6. mojito

mojito New Member

7. Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2007
  8. I always had 1, and my buddy gave me 2 as partial payment for helping him out with a wedding. :dunno: I'm trying to upgrade to the new shirt pocket turbo that just came out. :coold:

9. You should get them, hook them up to each of your strobes. Then boom you can blast away with your awesome PW's and never have to worry about recycle time till you start seeing smoke come out of your flash unit! :bowdown:

In the manual for the turbo it says something like (don't fire your strobe more than 10 times fast because the turbo will blow up your strobe) :mamoru2: These things are no joke, you can shoot moderatly for a whole month without recharging them, but it is recommended you charge them after every use. And supposedly they're strong enough to jump start a car, I'm not going to be the one to test it out though :mamoru:

10. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

How many miliwatt hours? (or watt hours) I didn't see it on B&Hs tech specs.

BTW, I'm not interested in buying it, just interested.

11. Actually I do know the answer, the Turbo has 20 watt hours of power. You can easily shoot non stop for a full day on a full charge. Don't ask me how I remember that, haha I should be a Quantum salesman!

The Quantum Turbo SC (slim compact) is what I'm trying to get, look how tiny it is!! Now only if there was a way to power the flash wirelessly that would be fucken badass!!!!!! :eek3: :bowdown:

http://www.newsletter.qtm.com/index.php?mnth=200611

Here's a discussion where some Turbo owners and non-owners are discussing the turbo basically everyone knows turbo's are the best :bowdown:

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00BHl8