**FOR SALE** '87 IROC 5 speed CAMARO

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Fareo, May 1, 2005.

1. Fareo

Fareo New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1987 Chevy Camaro IROC
    305 TPI / Flowmasters
    5 speed manual
    3.42 limited slip
    T-tops
    Front and Rear disk brakes
    power windows (that work)
    power brakes
    power steering
    A/C
    ect.. ect.. It’s a fully loaded IROC.

First thing you might notice is that it has RS wheels, well the car had custom wheels but they rubbed, so the guy before me went to the dismantler and asked for IROC’s and got RS's...I guess he wasn’t savvy on camaros, but at least he had them professionally Sent out to be polished and painted.

I’m selling the car as a non running car, its under non op registration, it has the TPI injection, witch, if your building a 3rd gen camaro it is the intake of choice. The car does run but not very well. It could be as simple as a vacuum leak? Or it may need rings? Its smokes at idle but idles ok, when u go to drive it, it seems rough and when u let off the throttle it wants to die? Not really sure what’s wrong, I haven’t spent much time with it. My buddy and I were going to swap the 305 out for a 350 and make a autocross car out of it, but I realized that its unrealistic for a broke 22 yr old to build a autocross camaro, pro touring 67 charger, and street custom 97 dakota ... so I'm narrowing it down to just my charger, other wise I’d keep the car.

The interior looks worse in the picture than in real life, I guess the guy before me was going to redo it, so he tore it apart, put new carpet in it and stopped.. ? I have 90% of the peaces, and if you need anymore they are dime a dozen at pick n pull. Also, the power windows work pretty well.

The body looks strait, as far as I know it has never been in any major wrecks, and the paint is fairly new. Also on a side note, they didn’t put 350’s with the 5speed in the IROC’s, I be leave the reason was that a 350, 5 speed, IROC would have been as fast the same year corvette. witch is why i planned to put a 350 in it.

It would be a great summer project or great donor for an older camaro.

Asking ...

$1,500 or best offer
    (im near Sacramento, Ca)

P.s. I also have a set of headers and 2 firebird GTA wheels that will go with the car.

Questions or Offers >> [email protected]

2. Fareo

Fareo New Member

bump

3. NeoPaladin

NeoPaladin New Member

Bump for you. I love those old TPI 5-speeds, my fiancee used to have a '91 Z28 with that motor/trans combo. Too bad we really don't have room for a 3rd car right now, I'd buy it from you. :)