for running: mp3 player and gps logger

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by piratepenguin, Jul 15, 2008.

1. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member

must be small, sturdy.

i'd like an mp3 player that takes an SD or other memory card. playing OGGs is also far-preferable.

edit: I could just get a nano ipod, but there are smaller, probably more sturdy players out there that take cards (much storage, easy to swap music, and I will have the cards anyhow for my subnotebook) even if they dont have a display and hopefully will play OGG too, im just wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

something I would love but I doubt I'll find is if it could take a bluetooth headset/earphones. maybe there are plugins for the headphone jack that will do this?

I also want a gps logger, just to play with mostly. Is there any software to draw your track, in 3d (logger will need to have altitude also), and provide info on speeds/distances at different points?
    Are there loggers that can record position quicker than every second? And how accurate would gps be: if displacement isn't important to me, and all that's important is that the track is accurate i.e. I dont care if the entire track is 5 meters into a field - if it'll be the same the whole way around - is this true?

dankes

2. negative zero

negative zero New Member

As far as the gps goes, look into the garmin forerunner or edge ones.

3. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

for the mp3 player, i would find anything that will run rockbox... the sansa series will

rockbox.org

i have had it on an ipod and an iriver and it has been great having ogg vorbis and flac support