LGBT For guys who are clueless when it comes to shopping...(Book Review)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Redsky, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

I just bought a book called "Color for Men" by Carole Jackson. Even though the book was originally published in the late 80's, the book stays relevant through it's information. The book centers on you determining your "season", which is based on your eye color, hair color and skin tone. Each season has colors which they look best in. On top of this, the author explains the difference between specific cuts of suit, which collars/ties/eyeglasses look best with which face, how to tie a bow tie etc. The only somewhat useless part of the book is the section that tries to box men into certain dress descriptions (Romantic, Serious, etc). It's a small complaint for the usefulness of the book, The book itself is a cheap buy off amazon.com, where I found a used copy for 4 dollars. I recommend it.

2. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

Yeah you'd have to buy something entitled "Color of Men" online...I wouldn't want to walk up to the counter with that , and I'm comfortable in myself too.

But I'll check it out. I have a book called "How to be a Gentleman" and it has a lot of the same thing in it as you described.

3. Redsky

This book was a new york times best seller back when it was released. I accidently found it through amazon; I bought it because the reviews were great.

4. Im a kid, I cant afford stuff for different seasons

5. Redsky

You're not buying for seasons. In the book, seasons are color schemes that work for certain skin and hair tones. I'll elaborate a bit more tomorrow, as it's bed time.

6. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

post some excerpts.

7. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

in for excerpts

8. Redsky

So you change from a toe-headed blue eye white guy to a black guy as the seasons change?

I'll post a quicky to give you all an idea.

This one may sound funny without pictures, but the guy looks arab/italian.