For all of you who think you use "Conjugate" periodization

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by G-n-P, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

It took me a full year training westside before I realized that until you make some subtle adjustments you are actually using a concurrent periodization scheme. Read this article to see if what you are doing is really conjugate. http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/questionsandanswers39.html

This is really aimed at those of you who are a little more advanced, because as you get stronger and you become more nuerally efficient, mosre disparity emerges in different training systems.

Thoughts?

2. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

I've thought about picking this book up, only thing that stops me is that 56$ price tag. You think its a book worth grabbing or ..?

3. watagatapitusberry

watagatapitusberry OT Supporter

hey christophers, ive been meaning to ask you about Supertraining. Im interested in picking it up, but all the info online barely mentions anything in the book. Could you give a little info about it?

edit: guess im not the only one

4. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

yeah i have it, the main reason i posted this article is because it concisely explains the difference.

I don't think that westside is concurrent if done correctly...it is just a sport specific conjugate system for powerlifting. By done correctly I mean giving more training focus to each aspect in succesion and then leading into some type of circa max phase before competition.

If you look at [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Dietrich Buchenholz (not a popular guy on st groups) he uses a conjugate outside the westside template, along with plenty of other strength coaches. The main point is that as you progress as an athlete in any given sport (powerlifting being no exception) more focus needs to be given to the different training modes while total tonage is kept relatively constant.
    [/font]

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

6. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.