TAT For all of you that have full sleeve tattoos

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sorryforya, Jun 4, 2009.

1. sorryforya

sorryforya New Member

How many times did they have to go over the elbow? The first time around it didn't hurt as bad but my artist had to go over it again the 3rd session. HOLY SHIT, it was painful. He said I might have to go over it a 3rd time because the elbow is one of the hardest part to tattoo. Also, is there a special way to take care of just the elbow? I don't mind too much the rest of the area but I really don't want to go over the elbow again. Hahaha. Yeah, I'm a pussy.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Moisturize the HELL out of it days/weeks before you get tattooed. It will soften the skin up so hopefully it will take much better.

I've had my right one only with outline right now and just a tiny bit of color but I know it'll need to get touched up when it does get finished. :dunno: Just part of getting tattooed.

3. sorryforya

sorryforya New Member

Thanks for the tip. Does it matter what position I'm sitting? He was working on the elbow when I was sitting up and my arm extending out, so I guess you can say the bone was sticking out. But I'm wondering if it would be possible to just have your arm straight so the skin is just hanging loose. I would assume it wouldn't hurt as much.

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Harder to tattoo if the skin is hanging loose. Skin needs to be stretched while getting tattooed.

5. sorryforya

sorryforya New Member

Ouch. Guess I'm in for more pain.

6. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

same procedure for the knee?

7. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I'd recommend the same for knee, foot, hands, knuckles.

Pretty much anywhere on your body where the skin is "different" I'd moisturize like crazy just to "soften" it up and make it easier to tattoo.

8. levit

levit buy the ticket, take the ride.

My guy went over mine once, still looks perfect which is crazy. Hasn't had to touch it up at all. He also said my elbow was weird and I was a rare case. He was going over it and said no blood came out in some spots. Said it freaked him out because he didn't understand why it wasn't bleeding.

9. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Both of mine have been done once. Arms bent so the slbow is pointy and skin is stretched. Sucks really fucking bad. As we were reworking my right sleeve 2 weeks ago we went around my elbow because my arm was already so pissed off. I really dread having to redo it.

For healing I just kept it moisturized and tried not to bend it very much.