For 2 of the last 3 nights i've had dreams of my ex v.wtf

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Not my psycho ex, fuck her. in fact, i did have a dream about her a few weeks ago where she wanted to fuck me and i told her "no." Go dream-state Falconer!

No, the ex in question here is my first love ex. I broke up with her about 7 years ago after a 3.5 year relationship.

She's married now and has a baby IRL.

In my dreams I was talking to her, and experiencing intense sadness over the fact that we weren't together anymore. The dreams didn't really make much sense, as tends to be the case with dreams , but I remember feeling massively intense sadness and regret at dumping her in my dream.

And then I'd wake up and the sadness would instantly fade to about 5-10% and then fizzle out over the next minute or two.

What is going on? It's rare for me to experience such powerful emotions in my dreams, and this one happened twice in 3 nights.

Anyone ever have emotionally powerful dreams about exes? 7 years later?

I know some people are big into dreams. Theories? Go!

2. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Theories?

You had a dream. It happens. Big deal, get over it. Everything you do/feel doesn't warrant a thread. She was part of your past. You had a dream about her. This isn't rocket science.

That's my theory.

Now I'll sit back and wait for the pathetic Babylon troll.

3. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

Yes, I had such dreams. I think in dreams we can go back to our past states of mind and recreate the feelings we had at the time. If you think about it, that's what dreams are all about, creating situations based on what we have seen/known/felt in real life. Now what made you have such a dream about an ex? I'm not sure. Froid believes that dreams are there to fulfill our real world wishes and he has his own very sophisticated way of interpreting them. To me it makes sense that your dream had little to do with that particular ex and more to do with you wanting to revive those feelings for whatever reason, possibly to fulfill some kind of need if we go by froid's theory.

4. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Fuck yeah. I still have dreams about your mom and it's been... wait how old are you again?

5. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I'll have to tell AK about this thread. She's big into this shit and she's always interpretting my dreams for me. lol

6. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

7. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

Dunno if this will help, but I heard dreams can be how you (subconsciously) work through problems in your own life.

8. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I heard that, too. I just saw a show about dreaming and it was talking about how even lab mice have dreams about running through mazes.

Yo Viper get AK in here!

10. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

:wavey:.....kay lemme see what we have here.

11. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

I had a dream last night about my ex husband... I woke up and was telling Shawn about it - it was bizarre... But then again the night before or the one before that, I had a dream about an ex boyfriend from high school as well... Weird.

The ex husband was trying to make a pass at me and I stopped him and reminded him that he is married and has twins with his wife and that I have an amazing boyfriend...

The ex boyfriend didn't recognize me and I was extremely hurt by that in the dream...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  12. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

I'm going to make a stab in the dark here and assume there might be some sort of transition in your current relationship...either for the better or worse. And perhaps you're dreaming of the ex because maybe you feel like there's some unresolved feelings or things there...some things that didn't get said...or perhaps you need to come back around to what she and you were all about and apply it here and now. The fact that you felt sad, is kinda indicative of a longing. Perhaps there's something missing in your present life that you had there? OR perhaps you're wishing you would be where she's at in life now yourself. You said she's married with a baby in real life, perhaps there's something to that. Maybe that's something you're subconsciously longing for too?

Do you recall what you were talking to her about? Do you recall what exactly the two of you were doing in the dream? Alone? Holding hands? at a favorite spot of yours? Uncomfortable, or comfortable? All these little details mean something.

Edit:

13. Mr. November

Mr. November Guest

I've been having some really intense dreams/nightmares lately. My doctor is throwing around words like PTSD and disassociation. Great.

Though I would really love to talk to someone who interprets dreams. I've been writing mine down.

14. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

AK, were you per chance "Miss Cleo" in a former life? :noes:

15. VA197

VA197 New Member

My second husband passed away last year of colon cancer after a two year battle with it. He and I had been divorced since 2002, after a horrible seperation and divorce. We were only together for two and a half years, but we had an intense relationship, highly sexual, but he was a leech and refused to work the entire time we were together, and that frustrated me to no end. He was a great dad and step-dad, I loved him with every bit of my being, I paidd for him to go to school, and when he finally got a job, he got his second paycheck, and called me at work and informed me that now that he was getting money coming in he wanted to be single....he didn't need to be married anymore. He broke my heart into a million pieces. I had helped him gain full custody of his daughter, supported him all that time, and loved him so much, and he just turned into ice.

During our seperation, he kept coming around for sex, and I could never say no. Then the fighting began. Finally, I ended up moving out of state, to start a business, and get away from him. The distance made it easier to get him out of my system and move on.

But when he died, something inside of me broke down. And I started dreaming of him. I dreamed of all the good times we had, the sex, and sometimes he would talk to me about things that were going on in my life now. It was strangely comforting and unnerving at the same time. I still don't know what to make of it.

I don't have those dreams anymore, and I kind of miss it...I sometimes still miss him. Even though it ended so badly, there are times I wish I could talk to him and tell him I'm sorry for all the horrible things I said, and we could make peace. Sometimes it makes me cry. I have a lot of regrets about how it ended, and knowing that I can never make it better is one of the things I'll never be able to forgive myself for.

16. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

:rofl: I just really love dream interpretation...its easier if I really know you though...

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Not really I don't think. I mean, I just turned 29 so I feel like I should be getting married and having kids soon, but I am nowhere near ready for that either financially or emotionally.

I can't really remember where we were or what we were doing. I'd say we were probably in an unfamiliar place (somewhere I had never been in real life).

Not holding hands, just talking. Oh shit, or were we holding hands? I don't think so. I'm gonna go with no.

Sometimes the majority of my dreams occur through feelings rather than concrete facts. Like I will instantly "download" a situation and understand what is going on even though nothing has actually happened yet in the dream. I seem to recall me wanting to get back together with her in the dream, but she didn't want to, since she was married now.

That contradicts real life objectivity since she has told me IRL, even after she was married, that she and her husband don't "click" the way she and I do (did).

This font is different and I can't fix it :dunno:

AK you has a PM.

18. HopasaurusRex

HopasaurusRex Okay, now what the fuck do you want?

I was dreaming about my first love last night. We were hanging around with some people and I was wistfully telling someone about how great she is. I'm currently sort of involved with someone who I'm developing similar feelings for but neither of us are really ready to take that dive so I'm guessing that's the root of my dream.

I think AK gave you a good breakdown of yours.

19. Kyoko

Kyoko New Member

The only ex I've ever had consistent dreams about is the guy I'm currently dating. I had some powerful dreams about him before we got back together. I was a shitty person to him the first time we dated, so I always woke up from these dreams feeling guilty and depressed. Like, to the point where it ruined my whole day and drove me to booze.

We later had an honest talk about each other and started dating again, and things are healthy and solid between us. I still dream about him, but now instead of waking up feeling crappy, I have epic adventures with him in dreamland. Pretty sweet.

I think that dreams are just the hate mail of our subconscious.

20. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

Been having the exact same type of dreams dude. It was a girl I was with 3 years ago. 2 and a half year relationship. I'm assuming I'm dreaming about her because I ended things with another girl not too long ago.

The weird thing is that I'm not dreaming about instances from the past, but the dreams are about us being together now. I'm so incredibly happy in those dreams (not saying that I'm not happy now) and I'm so in love with her in my dreams, but when I wake up, that whole desire for her fades quickly.