Football Training Manual

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TXLBS, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

FOOTBALL SPECIFIC LINK: http://www.houstontexans.com/fitness/pdfs/training_manual010703.pdf

GENERAL TRAINING LINK: http://www.houstontexans.com/fitness/images/fitness_corner091902.pdf

Found this training manual tonight, seems to have some good information, alot of it is already found on the site and archives, even more is not. It's nice to have in a single pdf anyhow. I don't have the Coach X GPP program from elite fitness but I would have to assume this rivals it. Post what you think. Enjoy!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
  2. blink 17

blink 17 New Member

are you from houston??if so where u work out at

3. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

Yah I'm from houston -- but I go to school in Austin. I work out on campus at UT.

4. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

there is so much there that it is hard to judge it as a whole

I was less than impressed with the strength development aspects. But then again, I firmly belive that "powerlifting" numbers are maybe 3 or 4th in importance of football player development. So truthfully making these guys squat and bench more probably wont make them better players. I have a million ancedotes that back this up but they don't mean much. I would put athletes on something like coach x's program in a heartbeat before I used this garbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.