Food/snacks to eat to get more cals?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by spd18x, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spd18x

spd18x New Member

i'm 6' 165lbs, and am trying to bulk. i just started using fitday, and figured i eat around around 2800-3500 calories a day. i still cannot gain weight for the life of me though. i figure if i get 3500-4000 cals a day i should hopefully start gaining weight. what are some foods or snacks i can eat to help get in some more calories/carbs/protein? i already eat a lot of pasta, meat, oatmeal, poptarts, whey protein, ect. im going to start taking 50/50 maltodextrin/dextrose for PWO carbs as well.

can anyone suggest other things i can eat to help put on some more weight? also, should i take whey protein and malto/dex 7 days a week, even on off days?

2. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

almonds

3. lif

lif New Member

any type of walnut, peanut, etc, is loaded with calories.. carry some of those around with you

edit: beaten to the punch :mad:

4. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

:cool:

5. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

you need just as much protein on your off days as you do the days you train. Make sure you getting ~ 200g protein per day, and getting your EFA's. Somewhere in the range of 1.5-2.0g EPA/DHA per day. Other than that, eat things you enjoy, it will make it much easier to consistently get the amount of calories you need, which is the most important thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.