Food recommendations

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by S13RedTop, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S13RedTop

S13RedTop New Member

I just started getting active again after 4 years of neglecting my body with various forms of illegal substances and fast foods. A buddy of mine and myself started jogging last week, nothing too outrageous, I'm trying to take it slow for now since I'm so out of shape. I was just curious if anyone could recommend some healthy things for me to buy next time I'm grocery shopping to coincide with a daily jogging regimen such as this one. I've heard the hardcore mother fuckers eat a can of tuna and a banana several times daily :eek3: I think that's a little overkill for me until I get to the point where I'm actually building muscle instead of burning calories. Any help appreciated!!

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Just use common sense. Buy stuff like chicken breast, fish, fresh produce, etc. Cut out all processed food (tv dinners) and other junk food and youd be surprised how much better you feel.

Tuna is good for you weather you are lifting or just jogging, the only thing you have to watch out for is the mercury contained in it.

3. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

well keep up with the jogging, eat alot high protein foods, I would also suggest lifting lighter weights and get your muscles acustomed to lifting, it will also help you build muscle little by little, the main thing for oyu right now is a strict diet and lots of cardio. if you don't like tuna, try other types of fish like haddock or salmon. chicken and turkey are very good for you. also try having lean lunch meats like turkey breast and so on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.