WEB Food Ordering from site

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bull1683, Sep 5, 2007.

1. bull1683

bull1683 New Member

I have to make a website for a restaurant, does anyone know how i can set it up so that people can order food from the site, and then get the order faxed to the restaurant??

please help!

Thanks

2. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

better to have it emailed, just setup a form and have the form submitted and then have them call to verify they placed an order. I would also hold it in a database and save the addresses so they can possibly send out a mailer and they can target repeat customers.

3. bull1683

bull1683 New Member

dont know how to code database..also what about fax...if no internet in store? any way to do this?

4. thomor25

5. fishbulb

fishbulb Active Member

Sure there is, it just wouldn't be completely free. There are plenty of e-mail to fax services available. If you had a computer always connected to the internet somewhere else you could probably automate it to print to a fax program whenever it downloaded a new order e-mail and save the cost of the e-mail to faxing service, but the former method would be more reliable.

To the threadstarter, you could just create a website as normal, a form that sends an e-mail would be the most basic method you could use, and the to e-mail address would be one of an e-mail to fax service. Google "e-mail to fax" or something similar to find rates.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  6. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

7. pkr

pkr Guest

I personally would just have a contact forum submitted using php and have it hooked up to my phone (blackberry) so I would know instantly when there was an order.

8. thomor25

yeah but the thing is the same amount of money he would pay for the service you could get internet but if you went the fax way then you add the line to the business or paper and ink etc. it would be better just getting internet

9. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Not a practical solution.