Food Intake/Vitamin(s) Questions...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by lately, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lately

lately bastard OT Supporter

I've been watching my food intake as of late and have noticed awesome results... which has sort of pushed me over the edge and I've started getting a lot more into eating right + exercise. I'm still trying to get the proper routine/schedule for weightlifting just for the added benefit of fat loss (for now).

I have a couple questions regarding food. I know that eating meals that are high in fiber are usually better because the body has to work at lot more at getting the bad stuff out of the food you eat.

Is it not sensible to take a little bit of Metamucil before every meal to stay consistent?

I know that Omega-3 is good for you... I don't really like fish too much. Nuts are fine but they're rarely accessible.

It's a complete substitute just taking some Fish Oil capsules everyday?

Also... I'm hearing mixed things about multivitamins... I doubt they can be bad but do they benefit anything at all? Should I be taking it?

I'll ask more questions as I think of them... I've gone through the archives and looked at the threads I thought would be helpful - and they have been. These are just some questions that I haven't heard any response to.

Excuse me for the noob questions. :hs: F&N is really new to me. :o

BTW....: 254 a few weeks ago (6'2"). I cut out the soda/candy/70% of the fast food. I still binged but just watched it other times when it was controllable. After I noticed my pants had a little more slack and that I looked a little slimer I hopped on the scale only to see myself at 241. :o At 235 and going strong. Just want to maximize my effort. That was less than a week ago.

Thanks guys. :love:

2. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

you can take metamucil if you want, it won't do any harm
    taking just fish oil is fine
    I would take a multivatimin just to be safe, especially if you don't eat many fruits and vegetables

3. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

1. Can't hurt
    2. It's not a complete substitute, but it's the best alternative
    3. (Almost) everyone should take a multi each day

4. lately

Thanks. :big grin:

5. lately

Any multivitamin that you suggest, BTW?

Thread Status: