SRS food addiction

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by paranoidandroid, Jan 18, 2009.

1. paranoidandroid

paranoidandroid New Member

hi. i think i may have a food addiction. i eat even when i am not hungry and to the point where i feel sick afterward. i don't throw up after or anything I just eat way too much. I just get this strong urge to eat, so I do it. I know I shouldn't, but it is like I don't care enough to stop. I am actually very skinny, so it doesn't hurt me in the weight department, but I realize there is more to health than just being skinny. Actually, I am pretty underweight for my height at 6 feet tall and 140 lbs. Anyone else go through this or have any advice? thanks a lot!

2. Raisedshoulder

Raisedshoulder Some Blode.

How old are you? If you're still in high school that's normal and eventually you'll start gaining weight.

3. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

I used to eat to the point of gluttony too. but see I stopped because I would throw up massively afterwards. Mainly because I ate very rich foods. The puking motivated me to stop eating so much.

I sometimes relapse if I am around people that see how skinny I am and encourage me to eat too much, so I have to be careful

4. paranoidandroid

paranoidandroid New Member

im in my mid20s

5. 7G

7G God

eat more healthy foods and excercise a lot so you dont feel as bad?

thats what i do... i love to eat lots, but also do lots of endurance activities so i am healthy

6. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

I know a guy just like you... he's upstairs playing video games right now lol. He eats constantly and eats the worst damn food.

IMO, might as well put that excess food to work and start lifting.

7. Pwen

Pwen Guest

Woah.

8. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I suggest weight watchers. It's not just for fat people, you learn how to eat better, you learn to take care of yourself better, its a whole lifestyle change. And the meetings are VERY VERY helpful. I suggest looking up a meeting in your area and asking if you can sit in. They all talk about food as an addiction.

9. Abomb

Abomb New Member

learn to love pumping that fucking iron

10. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

You should see a doctor. If you THINK you eat too much, binge and still are skinny, it might be an eating disorder (anorexia w/ binges). If you're really eating a lot all the time and you're still skinny, maybe you have a physiological disorder and your body is trying to make you gain weight. Either, see at least a GP to get the physical problem checked, then you'll see.