Focal, Image Dynamics, Brax, and a 4Cyl. S10

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Danoldo, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

So...I recently aqcuired a 98 4 Cyl. 5 Speed S10 for free from my parents. Brand new engine and tranny. The reason for this is because my dad owns a Auto repair shop right off of a interstate which is rated at 75MPH. The dude trailered this S10 behind his HUGE RV and left it in first gear. They got up to probably around 80 mph. The guy forgot and left the S10 in 1st gear. This kinda hurt and the engine was runnning probably aroud 10,000 RPM's. My father bought it from him for 500 bucks and replaced the engine and gave the car to me for my graduation present. Lucky me. Oh anyways...the point of this thread. I am going to be putting in Focal Utopias 165W for my mids and tweets and a 12'' ID-Q behind the seat. This is all going to be powered by a Brax Amp. Im putting 400x1 into the sub and 100x2 for the mids and tweets....how do you all think this will sound?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2002
  2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

3. james330i

james330i Imported Redneck

almost same setup as mine.

Focal Utopias in front, Polykevalar in rear, with 1 12''IDMAX (800watts).

All powered by PPI amps. All I gotta say is that is SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!!! Always clear, loud when I want it be loud, and easy on the ears.