FN's Thoughts on Steroid Use in Pro Sports

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Shiftknob, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiftknob

Shiftknob New Member

Ok gotta ask..

So upon all this media hype of Alex Rodriguez getting caught using Primobolan and Testosterone and admitting to HGH use I just have to see what my fellow workers/athletes think about it. I know what he did was 'wrong' and all that bullshit, but you gotta hand it to the guy. He had some serious balls to come out to the people and apologize and admitting his use. Barry Bonds and Clemens never pissed me off but in the light of A Rod's apologetic story it makes me a bit bitter towards the other 2. They are lying out the asshole, anyone in here knows Clemens didnt get those cute pooh bear cheeks from Muscle Milk but extended test use and what looks to be a high fat and sodium diet. It bothers me a bit because I'm all for humans finding ways to become the strongest and fastest they can, but the MLB and NFL do not see it that way. I guess you gotta do what ever it takes to be the best, even if it means bending a few rules. Im sure alot of people in here have had similar dilemmas so I want to see how you all relate to this. If anything, I believe a great deal of AS/GH use is to prevent injuries.

2. Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson Active Member

I don't understand how people can think using steroids won't make you hit more homeruns. I don't really have a problem with it though. I just think it sucks for the old record holders, in all sports.

3. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

i agree.. steroids let you do a lot of things better.. including faster recovery for minor injuries.. which is going to equate into more homeruns.. now if you cant hit a homerun all the roids in the world might not help..

also as far as a-rod he only told the truth because he had to..

also i think roids are cool if used properly.. on a personal level.. but if its illegal in a sport its illegal..

and as far as old timers.. lot of them cheated in different ways but baseball has a way of not forgetting and this era will always be associated with roids

4. daballer2005

daballer2005 New Member

Just let them all use. People watch them play because they're already freaks of nature, might as well be bigger/faster/stronger.

5. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

It's obvious to me that winners and all around bad asses use steroids and smoke pot.

No sarcasm.

6. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I agree.

As for the records issue, they should just separate between natural and 'assisted.'

7. Memor

Memor Active Member

Ideally I think they should allow usage - but under the current rules, it's straight up cheating. You enter into a contractual agreement that pays you millions and specifically says you can't do something, which you then ignore and do, and you're a dirty fucking cheater. Pretty simple. Same goes for anything else.

8. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

shit id pin test if it got me a few million a year. who wouldnt

9. jonno

jonno New Member

test everyone or no one

10. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

If they want the problem to end they should do more about it.

11. ulter

ulter AFBoard owner

I have no problem with steroids in sports. They should be legal. BUT...
    When you sign a contract that says you won't use them and then you do, I have a problem with that.

12. Rojo Johnson

Exactly. If I was getting paid a smuch as A-Rod there could be some crazy shit in my contract and I'd be doing it.

13. Daria

Daria New Member

I think it's more remarkable, inspiring, and motivational to see people who do not use steroids achieve great things.

my two cents

14. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

15. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

steroids won't help you make contact with the ball

16. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

i could give two shits really... the guys who take them are already the best at what they do, they just get that much better. They wont make a shit athlete a good one.

17. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

does it help you to recover quicker for the next game?

18. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

19. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

let them juice. they still have to train hard if not harder to perform the way they do while on.

20. Rojo Johnson

:rolleyes:

I understand this but most high level players don't have trouble making contact with the ball. Steroids make you hit the ball a lot further. They make it easy for a guy to hit an off speed pitch over opposite field while leaning over the plate.

21. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

In sports, yes I think there is a problem with it because it gives you a unfair advantage over those who dont. Not everyone is sports wants to take them in fear of any side effects.

As for personal use, meaning a person what doesn't compete, they can juice all day.

22. Sylva

Sylva New Member

No they don't. You can't take and do a cycle and magically become the next barry bonds, these dudes still train their ass' off to be able to do what they do, no amount of steroids will, as pur said, take a shit athlete and turn them into a great on.

23. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:werd:

exactly. Everyone pisses after every game or nothing at all.

I think a lot of you who have never used steroids are really over estimating what they do. Yes they do help but I'll never be Mr Olymnia/WSM/MLB MVP/etc regardless of how much shit I take.

24. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

I dont believe steroids should be allowed in any professional sports. I'm not a baseball fan but I wouldn't want to see them used in the sports that I watch regularly. Not that they'd even help say a golfer perform better... just on the principle that it's an unfair competitive advantage.

I know people will say "if everyone can do it than it'd be fair" but I'm sorry.... Roger Maris didn't need steroids. Michael Jordan didn't need steroids. Wayne Gretzky didnt need steroids. Jack Nicklaus didn't need steroids. Barry Sanders didn't need steroids. Why do todays atheletes feel the need to use them to "be competitive and perform consistently at a high level". I dont buy it A-Rod, sorry.

25. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Barry Bonds was stil a Hall of Fame caliber player before he started juicing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.