FLUSHMOUNTING shit on your own

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sh0kka, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

in new to building enclosures but im sure with research and trial and error i will be good...anyways

im looking to flushmount my amps mainly. and the cap. what do i need? 3/4th inch mdf wood or can i use regular wood and carpet it? like i said i dont know. car shop round me wants to charge $350.

all i wanna do it flushmount the amps and cap and then bolt it down. have subs on the other side.... so what materials do i need?

also how would i go about bolting it down? just screwing with a large screw into the carpet of the car or waht exactly?

also i will use L clasps(this the word?) and bolt it inside the enclosure and then subs on top. so they have to take out the amp to take out the whole enclosure.

makes sense?

i hope so and thanks for your help

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i prefer mdf it doent tend to vibrate as much and it has a nicer finish to it but yeah baicly you ahve the right idea lets see pics when its done

3. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i would just rip a 2x4 to 3/4 of an inch less than the height of your amps or cap whaterver you want to be flush then place it around the edges and around the amps and stuff then screw on a piec of mdf with the holes cut out in it

also rember your amp wont vent as well in the enclosed space

5. JDub

JDub New Member

Ehh, it takes a lot of planning.... draw everything out, then plan all the measurements out, then measure it out like 3 times onto the wood, then cut. a simple way my friend did it was to have a mounting surface on which to mount the amps, dist blocks, caps, etc, the top surface with holes cut in it for the caps, amps, whatever else u wanted flushed, and then spacers to elevate the top sheet off the bottom sheet. Make sure you get all the measurements right. The type of wood isn't that important. MDF is the most common type to use, because it's really versatile. You can also use particle board, but it's really susceptible to water so if you spill water on it, it's going to bloat and become really weak. MDF bloats a little too, but not as much. You can always use thompson's water seal to seal it, too. You definately want to use MDF for a sub box if you're building one. Check out some audio forums for more help and info.

6. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

here you can see my box with the spacers in place for the amp and sub to luch mount

[​IMG]

amd then with the sub an amp installed i had a problem though the v3 id maxes are shorter than teh v2 that my box was built for

[​IMG]

so there was a gap around the sub
    [​IMG]

7. is that the 2500? how do you like your combo? also did you have a paint shop paint the box or what?