Flowers

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ww_Crimson, May 1, 2008.

1. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Any suggestions on some types of flowers to get for a girl besides the typical roses? No special occasion just wanting to impress.

2. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

Just go into the flower shop and pick out what you think looks good, simple as that. There doesn't need to be a lot of thought put into this.

3. rs0252

rs0252 New Member

Yep, group together a few Iris and Lilies...or go for tulips

4. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

whatever you think she will like, most girls just like the fact you thought of them enough to do so rather than the gift itself, like above, go in, pick something out, leave and make her happy :big grin:

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

how will sending a girl flowers "impress" her? Congratulations, you spent a few dollars...but what does she actually get out of it?

6. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

stargazer lilies

/thread

7. flowers

flowers New Member

lillys

8. skych

skych New Member

i like tulips, they're so pretty up until they die. i like how they just fall apart, no wilting or turning brown

9. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I'm not sending them to her I'm bringing them to her when I go over to her house this weekend... She gets a smile from an unexpected gift.. Have you ever randomly done something small to show some appreciation for someone you care about? She also just got a new job so I'll be coupling them with a congratulations.

10. audrey

audrey New Member

Pick her flowers. My girlfriend picks me flowers all time and it's the sweetest thing ever.

11. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You have obviously never given girls flowers before. It's cheap but effective, especially if you send them to their work where they can flaunt them in front of other female co-workers.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Bouquet of wildflowers

/thread

13. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I love it when my SO gets me flowers. He only does it once in a while, but it does make me feel special and appreciated when its out of the blue. I hate getting them out of guilt. Plus when I get them, I usually do something very special for him ;)

14. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I second that!

15. kiri

kiri New Member

NEVER do this.

16. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

It's worked for me and when I worked in an office environment the women made a point to flaunt the hell out of any flowers they got :dunno:

Depends on the girl obviously though

17. kiri

kiri New Member

i think i just had a bad experience. i had a bf in high school who filled my locker with like 10 bouquets of nasty carnations or something. i was so embarrassed, and i had to carry my coat around with me all day cause it wouldn't fit in my locker :mad:

as far as flowers go, quality > quantity. if i had a bf bring me a very small, tasteful bouquet to work, i guess that would be ok. but if it's too extravagant it's completely embarassing :o

18. iwishyouwerebeer

carnations :uh:

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

That's what I figured you would say as to why not to do it. It does depend on the girl, plenty of girls wouldn't be embarrassed by knowing that someone was thinking of them/being able to rub it in (by displaying the flowers on their desk) to all the other girls that their bf is better then others.

Mind you your reasoning is the reason I would never send balloons or anything, has to be tasteful and easy to handle at the end of the day.

20. kiri

kiri New Member

it was terribile :wtc:

seriously, i don't care if you can't afford a giant beautiful bouquet. take the money that you would have spent on the carnations and buy ONE rose. or better yet, don't get any flowers, because they're going to sit in my locker dying all day.

21. kiri

kiri New Member

:rofl: balloons, that would be hilarious

22. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

my dad sent my mom 18 long stemmed roses for valentines day (she was also having her breast biopsied that day for breast cancer) to her job, and she was so pissed when she had to go down to the desk to "pick something up", thinking they were for someone else and not her. When she read the card, she got so excited, and put them right on her desk where everyone could see. All day long, women walked by and complimented how sweet her husband was. He NEVER does things like this, so it really was extra special. Then one woman said "Just wait until you find out the REAL reason he's sending them...he obviously has something to be sorry for." Crazy woman.

Stargazer lilies or wildflowers or tulips have my votes. I think its adorable you're even THINKING of getting her flowers!

23. iwishyouwerebeer

Fuck that lady...

24. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

yeah seriously. they also didnt understand why my mom would want to go out to lunch with my dad one day, when my mom was so excited. my mom said "heaven forbid I actually want to be with the man I love" and that shut her up. theyre all man-hating divorcees.

25. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

My dad is a jokester - at least he likes to think so. My sister was a few years older then me but we went to the same HS. On her Birthday one year he sent in a clown during lunch into the caf with a shitload of balloons. The guy made a huge scene then gave my sister the balloons and she had to walk around with them like a tool all day. She was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed/embarrassed, but that is why my dad did it.