A&P Flower macros (so original) need help!!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ingen, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Ingen

Ingen New Member

Alright, I shot these yesterday in my backyard. Tripodded, massive closeup filterage, etc. The first 3 are tulips, and the problem I'm worried about is how all the red seems to just bleed together when it's anywhere near smooth. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, feel free to critique those and try to tell me why I can't get the color to keep from bleeding like that. I really didn't know what caused it (or that it happened at all, actually) and still don't. Pleeeeeeease tell me? :p

And, last but not least, a cheapo kinda one I shot with a little P&S I won in a photo contest, trying to show it off to sell it.

[​IMG]

2. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

I personally like tulips, but macros of just 1 petal is silly.

Why not take in full flower from different angles? Those pics dont do tulips justice :hsd:

3. Ingen

Ingen New Member

because I didn't get there in time and they were all dying, and it would have been obvious if it weren't for being in close.

4. Under_Fire

Under_Fire Duck and Run

off topic, but do you have the full version of the pic in your av? looks interesting

5. ( * )( * )

( * )( * ) OT Supporter

I tried to pull some detail out of the red using PS, but a lot of detail just ain't there. :hs:

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

6. Ingen

Ingen New Member

I'm still wondering why they aren't there though :( I need a better lens I guess *shrug*