Flirting...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Vysion, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Vysion

Vysion New Member

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1704684,00.html

Now if I can just learn how to flirt... :x:

I would like to know what he means by "The guys they find appealing tend to have characteristics that are attractive in the short term". It sounds like he is saying that women subconsciously are attracted to the guys that they know they wont last in a long term relationship with. Maybe pointing to a scientific explanation of why women more often go to bed with the bad boys that end up using them. But I understand that the bad boys are more comfortable in "flirting" with women than the nice guy who hides his sexual side, so that also may be a factor.

2. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

This thread is full of FAIL... good work another usless times story used for a thread

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

This post is full of FAIL... good work, another useless post by a useless member.

It is basically a theory tied into when a women is in a relationship with a "nice guy" to look after the kids, but his genes are no good so she finds a guy with "good genes" and has the "nice guy" raise the kids not knowing they aren't his kids.

Someone else can elaborate though since this type of thread has been done a bunch of times

4. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I guess I didn't clearly state the main point I started this thread was to point out the research the guy did showing that women ovulating (horny) are more attracted to flirty men.

I guess I kind of went off topic in my own thread. It was more of a side point, sorry I tricked everyone :ugh:

5. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

ifl, don't have time to read that whole article atm :)

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I think what he means is that the traits are desirable, but the downside is that those traits also belong to people who aren't the most ideal long term partners. Flirting makes people feel attractive and desired, but those who flirt often are more likely to play the field.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I think someone referred to it as the "genetics jackpot" when a woman is able to have a baby with an alpha guy with "bad ass, masculine genes" and have it be raised by a beta male with "nice guy genes." Maybe it was Yail who said that. I can't remember. Or maybe I read it in Sperm Wars.