LGBT Flip Flop Flipitty Flop Flap Flip

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, Oct 21, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Sooo I know that I have always been a believer that when seemingly str8t men tell me that they are not gay because they aren’t attracted to men in general, but attracted specifically to me, clearly they are just deep in the closet. But now, I am not so sure…

I have a friend who has been gay for as long as I’ve known him. But not my kind of gay, but the slavishly slob kind of gay. The I won’t bathe for2 days, shave for 3 days, and be completely unconcerned with whether my clothes are dirty or clean kind of gay. He’s the ‘I wanna be a cop’ kind of gay. I call him when I have car problems, need my satellite adjusted, or need some need clarification on some sports related issue. But he has been known to be attracted to queens…and Taylor (hehe).

All of a sudden, I notice him getting rather touchy feely with this vegan feminist. [Now, as member of several feminist organizations, I will probably be kicked out if I ever publicly stated this, but] she is the kind of feminist with perpetually oily hair, doesn’t always wear shoes (desperately needs a pedicure), and believes not shaving her pits/legs to be a social protest. And the other night, we went to the opera (since almost all of my friends EXCEPT Taylor purchased season tickets) and they were coupled up…for the show AND for dinner. I ask, and behold: they are officially dating. WHAT THE FUCK? Uhh, just a couple weeks ago he was asking the best way to seduce Taylor, and now he has seemingly batting for the other team?

Oh, but he says that he isn’t str8t, or bisexual. He is a gay male who is attracted to a woman, not women in general. So is that teh new hotness???

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  2. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

That is strange, talk about coming out of the closet, or, rather, going back into it.

The woman he is attracted to sounds kind of...fishy (veggy rather) to me...

3. CoCo

All through the meal, I kept feeling uncomfortable after every gay comment that I made. As if a week ago he wasn’t sucking men off, and pounding much ass… It was like ‘gay’ was suddenly taboo, or that there was a giant gay scruffy elephant standing in the middle of the room, that EVERYONE was pretending to ignore.

Sorry babe, but we all know that he likes cock. And if he was really into her, than she should have nothing to worry about when engaging in queer talk, because clearly he likes you, right?? I don’t know, but this kinda bothers me.

I’m having a hard time wrapping my lips around this one, and that rarely happens to me…

4. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Oh my jesus, I really can't believe you brought this drama to OT... :rofl:

5. CoCo

...and why not?

6. Taylor

Taylor Guest

As I understand it... for him, gay has always been taboo. I think there are more issues at hand in this situation than appear on the surface.

7. CoCo

Well, all-male schooling does something to a gay boi's sexual expression. Look at Chipmunk!

But back to the matter at hand, aside from what BriBri has believed, I don't think that Jer has internalized homophobia or self hate stemming from his sexuality. I think that he is just experimenting right now, because he has found someone who generally (claims to) love him, and it's easy--so why not? I think he is just testing this out. But the second you attempt to seduce him, he'll be str8t...er, gay again.

8. Taylor

Taylor Guest

So this is not Taylor, but a mutual friend of CoCo and Taylor. I am sadly in the middle of this gay controversy. <Sidenote> In true queen fashion, CoCo has posted this message minutes after I made him aware of the gory details of it</sidenote>

I have a vested interest in this whole matter and find the whole thing very disconcerting, as the person is my very good friend <complicated>

This friend wanted me to pose a good reason why he shouldn't be in a happy relationship with a woman, just because he is gay. Despite my protests of, "but you are a homosexual," but he wasn't to be persuaded and seems fine in the current situation.

An important detail that CoCo left out that only makes the situation more awkward, is that the two have moved in together.

I have my own theories about him and this girlfriend (whom we have known for a long time and knew of his orientation), but now I am content to be happy for them. I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Kisses CoCo and let's go to the gym Taylor!

-Ferron

9. coma

coma New Member

Maybe that vegan chick has a dick(?) :eek3: Seriously, that kind of cray thing does happen.

10. CoCo

So are you gonna actually join OT now?? And by 'join', I mean register AND post, not just lurk like last time...

<sidenote> I like how you said I posted 'minutes', instead of 'hours'...very inflammatory, and very me. ;) I'm not sure exactly what the reason for your sidenote was. But I guess I'll ponder it for a few hours before applying/relating it to something from my life, much like what I did with this thread/ this situation. <correction> the only gory detail that you made me aware of, pum'kin, was that they were officially dating, rather than just really close fag & hag </correction> </sidenote>

luv ya :wavey:

11. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of last night's trick. Honey, I knew you when, so don't make me get started. Your OT fans will still remain in awe of your divaness, but I will slap your mouth the next time I see you; cut it.

Consider me on OT.

Well, since you forgot, the other gory detail is that the couple justed moved into a gorgeous rowhouse in DC. So after being gay for 23 years of his life, casually knowing this girl for a couple of years, and a month of intense friendship, one of our founding family members is into the vag (no offense to any lovers of vagina, but in the current situation, the thought turns my stomach).

Thank you CoCo for your insight on this topic, but let's hear from the rest of the class now. Consider yourself dismissed.

Kisses

-Ferron

I love you, CoCo!

12. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I doubt this girl has a penis, but I'd believe anything now. Also, the girl is not a vegan; she is a vegetarian that occasionally eats meat (not including cock).

-Ferron

13. TXGuy8406

TXGuy8406 Guest

Ok, I sort of understand where CoCo is comming from. My roommate was apparently straight before we lived together although everyone knew he was gay. He says to me that he is straight but he is only attracted to me so he isn't gay? I am lost as to I thought if you like dick your gay and if you don't your straight and if you are greedy you are bi? But I don't know if he is just horny all the time or what but he constantly says he is straight but if a guy hits on him (i.e in a gay club) he is all over it?

14. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

what does it matter to you?

15. CoCo

Sorry, but the teacher cannot be dismissed by the student--nice try, really. Since you knew me when, you know that nothing has changed in my attitude, demeanor, or swiftness of claws. Don't make me have to cut you.

Hugs

:SNIFF:

16. CoCo

Me? As I started this thread pum'kin, let me clarify that the general subject at hand is this new trend with people claiming to be firmly placed on one side of the sexual scale, yet due to alleged isolated individual attractions, deviate for the duration of that relationship. My curiosity lays in whether anyone else has had such experiences. That is why it matters to me.

17. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Maybe people wouldn't be so rigid in their decisions if they didn't think their friends would be there to criticise them?

18. CoCo

...a possibility. But then again, maybe friends wouldn't criticize people so much, if those people weren't so rigid in their decisions :hs: . So that after four years of building up a system of beliefs to your peer group, you have to expect some form of backlashed confusion when suddenly you switch up and change everything.

19. Taylor

Taylor Guest

AHH! My schemas!

I think that accurately sums up CoCo's objections to the issue.

Also, I am shocked and appalled that my good screen name has been dragged through this catfight.

Actually I don't really care, it sort of amuses me.

Bye crazy!

20. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

Was he really expecting you to accept this right away? :rolleyes:

21. CoCo

Yes, that actually does sum up my objections... and then build on this point, to see if others are experiencing the Flip Flop Flipitty Flop Flap Flip as well?

I know that you like having another wild queer personality on OT...especially one so skilled in things 'CoCo'.

[sidenote] damn my need to have a confidant! It always gives the special person chosen waaaay too much insight (read: power) [/sidenote]

"Bye crazy!" ??? I cannot believe that you brought this back!!! I should have posted that whole scene in the 'CoCo Moments' thread....:rofl:

22. CoCo

Healthy debate is always good. I still luv him...:wiggle:

23. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

I think CoCo's original idea behind this thread was a good one. Has anyone else experienced a similar occurrence? I feel guilty about not being completely supportive (I am in action, but inside it is very unsettling), and it's hard to not draw parallels to people that lose friends when they come out as gay. I think this situation is different, but the similarities exist.

24. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

For the most part, he doesn't care what other people think about the situation. He thinks he is happy, and can't see a reason not to stay in the relationship.

25. Taylor

Taylor Guest

We saw her last night!!