Flax Seed Oil Freshness

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by funspankme, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funspankme

funspankme New Member

well i want to get to using my flax seed oil.. i mix it in with my oatmeal, along with creatine and dextrose to that max as well.. my question is, i have one bottle that is completely sealed air tight.. is says consume within 8 weeks of opening.. It hasnt been opened yet, but the expiration date on it says 2/04..

now i know what ur saying this is a dumb question, but some things do still stay good, but they have to put an expiration date on it to cover their arse.. So does anyone have any knowledge on if this is possibly still good or not, because ill drink the shit out of it if theres a possibility haha

2. NormanNormal

NormanNormal Where it all ends I can't fathom, my friends...

I cant answer your question but I heard you are supposed to keep it refrigerated or it will spoil.. also if you buy it unrefrigerated it will have a horrible tatse. Any truth to this?

3. funspankme

funspankme New Member

yeh it's nasty i have never refigerated it.. it says keep refridgerated. but above that is says that it is nitrogen flushed when the bottle is filled to maintain freshness until opened. it has a very distinct taste, but thats why i put it in oatmeal with dextrose creatine and cinemon(sp)

4. pt

pt New Member

Get the refridgerated kind that is actually refridgerated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.