Flat Irons..

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by verbal, Jun 16, 2009.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

So, I've seen a lot about guys using flat irons and I'm thinkng about getting one to see what it'll do with my hair. I'm a guy, my hair is thick and a few inches long. I'm not going for emo hair, I just want a way to flatten my hair so it isn't so afro-like.

I was looking at irons yesterday and I have no clue what to get. I don't want to spend a lot on one in case I don't like it but I don't want a cheap one in case I do like it. I'm pretty sure they can't be returned. Any suggestions?

2. charles foster kane

charles foster kane New Member

GHD is pretty much where its at, most girls wouldn't bother with any other brand

They are premium price though :hs:

3. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I have a GHD, a Sedu and a T3. That is in the order from best to worse. My sis has this remington sleek and curl that was like $30 and it's actually pretty good for the price, digital display, heats up quick and retains heat, shiney results, etc. Maybe try that if you want to see if you like flat irons. I got it for her at Target.

Since your hair is shorter I would say you should get an iron between 1/2 and 3/4 in wide...anything wider will be hard to get close to your scalp. The main benefit of the GHD is that it flips the hair really well and you can curl...but if you don't do those things I think a Sedu is really good. If mine wasn't 1 1/2" I'd sell it to you because I haven't used it in like 2+ years and it's practically brand new. :dunno:

4. verbal

verbal Active Member

I just bought a Remington 1". Not sure if I should open it cause I don't think I can return it once it's open.

My hair is about 3" long in the shortest spots. 4"-5" in the longer spots. Should I return it and get a 3/4"?

I'm not a fan of the idea of spending 20+ minutes on my hair daily. Not sure if I should get into this... lol.

5. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

flat iron is the quickest way to do my hair. Takes me like 5 min to run an iron through and I have long and thick hair. :dunno: For $30 bucks just try it. 1' should be ok...you'll just have to be more careful to get it close to your scalp.