Flashing power cord jack?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by O'Fuck, Feb 2, 2007.

1. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

I don't know much about Macs... its my first, a Powerbook.

Come home today, and the jack which is usually either solid orange or solid green is flashing orange. The Powerbook is at half power and won't charge anymore. If I plug it in now, the jack flashes green and won't charge.

Whats going on?

I don't know if its in anyway related... but it was also strange to see that my 'Desktop Folder' was renamed something like 'bw3ff' or something :confused:

2. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

:ugh2:

3. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

Fuck.

4. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

try taking out the battery and plugging it into the wall. if the computer boots up, its the battery. if not, it's the power cord

5. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

It was just the cord.

An expensive motherfucker to replace too :wtc:

A friend of mine (after I'd already bought the damn thing) is telling me that they were supposed to be under warranty? I thought it was just the battery they were having issues with. He's saying the cord I just blew 79 bucks on was supposed to be free :confused:

6. canIscream

canIscream Dog Crew is Best Crew

79 bucks really isn't a bad price for a power adapter. i've seen them go for as much as 120

7. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

I guess I'll be a lot more careful this time around about leaving the cord lying around on the ground :hs:

On another note...

I checked to see how much it would cost to fix my latch. At some point, it just suddenly stopped closing.

He said they'd have to gut the thing and replace the entire bottom section of the case...

Three hundred and fifty fucking dollars :squint:
    I guess I'll just keep leaving the thing upside down to close :(

8. canIscream

if i were you, i would go with something like the iGo. i have the OEM apple charger when i'm at home and i keep my iGo in my travel bag. it lets me power my laptop (and just about any other laptop out there) in a regular 110 outlet, car outlet, and a plane outlet. they run about 120 when i bought mine, but that was about 2 years ago and they might have gone down.

9. canIscream