WEB Flash variables?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hurleyint1386, Sep 24, 2007.

1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

So I'm working on playing around with Flash to learn it, and I'm having a little difficulty. Basically what I've done, is created a small flash program for jewelry. I've got a category for gauges, type (plug, etc), and color. Once they select one from each category, I set those values into variables "type", "color", and "gauge". Now I've got a sketched ear on the stage also. I want to take the variables the user selected, then put that type of jewelry on the ear. How do I go about making a graphic using their values?

For example, if they choose Plug, 00 Gauge, Red. How can I create a graphic out of that? I figure I could make a copy of the graphic they chose (for the size), then change the property of the color to the color they chose, but I don't know how to do this. Can anyone help? :sadwavey:

2. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

I'd make a movie clip for each type of earring. Then on each of those movie clips, have a bunch of different frames showing the earring in all the different possibilities of options (with a stop command on each frame so it stays). Then name each frame accordingly, and load them dynamically depending on user input. check out flashkit.com if you need help with those steps. it may take some searching, but you should be able to find how to do it.

3. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

I was just doing some research, and I've got the last frame to trace the variables, so it's all some what working, but now I need to fill in the color of the object with the color selected. I'll take a look at that site though and see if I can figure something out