Flash FLV Actionscipting Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by samulus, Dec 13, 2006.

1. samulus

samulus New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    First off, any help on getting any of these issues working for me will be greatly appreciate, if you could point in the right direction to get them all working you're awesome. I'm not a real good actionscripter yet (i'm more of a graphic/animation guy) and all of the stuff i've managed to google hasn't quite gotten me to where I need to be.

So what i'm working on is for this school project and i'm trying to get multiple external FLV's to share the same playback control panel. I've got a work in progress up here for visual reference (http://giantflyingwhale.com/temp/PR3/pr3_ot.html). How i got the FLV's to load exernally was to get to load into a video object called "theVideo". For some reason I can only get the pause to work and it also seems to resume playing if i click it again.

Once i got that solved I would also like to get each of the step buttons to cue to the appropiate place in the current FLV and if possible, be able to switch FLV's and still be in the same step. I assume that requires cue points in each of the FLV's, but thats completely new terriority to me. Here's the code i've used thus far, suggestions?

var nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
    var ns:NetStream = new NetStream(nc);

greekB.onRelease = function() {

this.corporateB.onRelease = function() {

this.indieB.onRelease = function() {

this.playB.onRelease = function() {

this.pauseB.onRelease = function() {

this.stopB.onRelease = function() {
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006