WEB Flash CMS question...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by vumpler, Apr 11, 2009.

1. vumpler

vumpler New Member

So I got this template off of templatemonster I liked a lot. I'm putting a website together for my friends business. He's going to want to update text etc but I'm doing my damnedest not to have to do it for him all the time.

The site is in full flash not just a flash banner.

Is there a flash CMS that I can install where it will let him edit all, most, or any text fields?

thx :)

2. vumpler

vumpler New Member

3. themolsen

themolsen New Member

in for response

4. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

i havent come across any cms systems for flash but you can do some or parts of the following and build your own.

- Flat txt file system, each page can parse a serverside txt file easy enough via load vars and have the guy just edit the txt files.

- flat xml based systems, there are quite a few xml based sites on flashden for you to check out.

- mysql, you can have flash talk to php and have the php talk to mysql, I did this for a client then just hooked them up with phpmysql access and they can change the content via the backend.

5. jdw

jdw New Member

doesn't necessarily have to pre-build the XML either. Have the flash app call a script that is dumping XML. I'm assuming you can do it with php as well (I've only done it with ColdFusion). That script can then do whatever you want - database calls, parse text from elsewhere, etc.

If its a high traffic site with a lot of data or you don't have a database option(or you can do this anyway), give him an admin and have it generate and save an XML file on update.