Flash/Actionscript Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Drifter87, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

When the _xscale and _yscale are 100 and then you drag and drop, everything works fine. BUT when the _xscale and _yscale are 150+ and then you drag and drop, the item you are dragging jumps about 2" above the mouse and stays there.

The same things happens when you chance the _x and _y locations of a MovieClip. I move the main movie clip from 0,0 to 100,100 and then suddenly when you are dragging and dropping, the item jumps 2" above the mouse and stays there.

Any Ideas?

2. ryanisnan

ryanisnan New Member

The _x _y, _xscale and _yscale properties are... messy. It really depends on how you are doing your dragging and dropping your movieclips. I assume you're talking about when compiled and not in the editing environment right?

If this happens in the .swf (when you press CTRL+Enter), this could be because the registration points of your movieclip are different. You should (in most cases) make the registration point of a movieclip in the center, that way when the scaling is changed, the movieclip enlarges/shrinks equally on all sides.

Good luck.

3. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Thanks for the input, I am going to give your idea a try.