GUN FL Crew- legal to carry @ county fair?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by crazybenf, Nov 1, 2007.

1. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/in...y_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0790/Sec06.HTM

(12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any career center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Any person who willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

I don't see anything in there about public events.. Anyone else have input on it?

2. Tdizzle

Tdizzle New Member

I know in Tennessee its illegal to carry in parks where most fairs are held, but yea as far as just fairs specifically im not sure.

3. MTech

MTech New Member

wow I thought Fl was more open about things like PA... You just can't carry in Fed buildings and Philly here.

4. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

Florida is legal to carry in a park. I'm not sure if this one is in a park though... It's fair grounds, which I believe are a private business.

5. zxghostrider

zxghostrider Sometimes you gotta hop on two wheels

You can't carry in a goverment building down either, or any goverment office for that matter. If you accidently walk into the post office while carrying, you're commiting a federal crime.

As for the fair.....If it is sponsored by the goverment, I would just ask.

6. MTech

MTech New Member

you talking about FL still I take? I just talked to an officer about this the other week who told me what I stated above..that and it's what it's always said on carry sites.

7. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

It would most likely fall into private business like it does here. But unless you're are acting like an idiot they won't know, and if you actually had to use it then who cares.

8. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

I'd like to obey all laws surrounding it if possible.. never know when you might accidentally bump into a LEO (physically bump into) or print.