A&P Fixing Blown Skies in PS Elements

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Asherman, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Asherman

Asherman New Member

I'm struggling here guys. Often I can adjust values in fore and middle ground, but the result is a blown sky. I'm just using a Nikon Coolpix PS, so my adjustments are in PS Elements, and I'm not very skillful there.

One alternative, it seems to me, might be to replace the overdeveloped blown sky in the image with a sky 'stolen' from one of my other photos. In the current series, there are trees and foliage reaching up into the sky field. I think I might be able to do a very, very simple mask. Poor results trying to do something like that in the past.

Bottom-line is I just need to be much more skillful at PP with PS Elements. Thanks in advance. The old guy who writes novels when one-liners are better appreciated.

2. Etherized

Etherized Active Member

3. Asherman

Asherman New Member

Yes, thank you, that was a help. Unfortunately, I'm deaf so puzzling out what was being shown was a problem in itself. I spent the day with that, and Photoshop Elements for Dummies. Learned some nifty new stuff, but still need to find someone locally to walk me through layers a few more times.