Fix my Style (If it needs to)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by JustJeff, Jun 19, 2007.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Hello everyone! I've been trying to find a new style that I really like but I haven't really gotten anywhere, especially in the hair category. I have no idea what to do with it: i have semi-long straight hair that doesn't want to stand up at all. It's extremely light so it has trouble staying in place in the wind. Now my hair is starting to get into/over my eyes so when the wind blows I can't see shit :( What should I do with my clothing style/appearance and my hair style?

What I wear right now:

Shirts: Lots of band shirts -- indy mostly. Tight fit // smalls or slim fit shirts.

Pants: Usually jeans that have slowly turned into slim waist and the like // 32 waist

Shoes: Etnies

Accessories: None... sometimes a wrist band, // a belt that usually is folded down, pointing towards the ground (shown in some pics)

Hair: Parted on the left side and folded over (like an old-school classic 90's cut... or at least the same as when i was 4...) but with a little bit of a punkish look.

--
    I don't look good in sunglasses or glasses... or hats...
    --

Any kind of suggestion for brand names/stores to shop at/online retailers to look at/specific items to choose from would be awesome. Any pics of hair styles (that's what I'm really looking for) would be awesome. I'm almost willing to try anything that's out there... but it must be work safe, cause I do have a desk job.

I'll be turning 19 on thursday, so I wanted to treat myself to a nice birthday present... figured I'd have a good reason to spend a hefty amount of cash :)

(i hope you guys know what you are doing/are willing to help.)

Here are some recent pics. Since I'm slightly camera-shy, there aren't many. I think that's just a confidence thing that I'm working on >.<

[​IMG]

(sorry for the psychedelic look)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you in advance for any help!

Advice so far:

Slim Straight fit Jeans -- Levis brand for cheapness
    Shorter hair style -- no suggestions on what specifically

Shirts are split: stick with band tees or go with polos. No set idea yet.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  2. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

can someone rehost the first two pics please? They're blocked at work for me :hs:

3. J

J Active Member

any clearer pictures of your face, eyes open and looking forward? it'd help in deciding what style would look good on you

4. JustJeff

ihaveanevilplan: I'll rehost it in a second.... rehosted....

J: I'll look... but I am camera shy so I don't think I have anything really that good that's close up

5. JustJeff

These might help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing great... but o_0

6. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i think that you'd look better if you cleaned yourself up by getting a haircut first. now, you kinda look like KD Lang

you probably look like you'd look nice in jcrew stuff. i'll find some more specific things later

7. Justin Niggalake

Justin Niggalake New Member

:werd:

8. ihaveanevilplan

some immediate changes I'd go for are a new hairstyle and slimmer fit jeans.

I think you've outgrown your current hairstyle..It definately looks like something still left over from your more youthful years. A new cut would make you look more mature and take you out of that akward stage

Slimmer fit jeans would look good on your frame. And I'm not suggesting nuthuggingly tight emo pants, but something more slim fit. I dont know what your price range in on jeans/clothing but if your budget is sub $100, goto the Levis store and have them give you a couple things to try out. I think their Slim Straights would be a good start

9. ihaveanevilplan

also, the first sweatshirt looks like a good fit, but the blue/grey Quiksilver one is a bit too big for you.

10. JustJeff

I know I need a haircut... but I don't know what to do with it. I've been told that the longer hair looks god damn good on me (except that it's mainly mom's who wish their daughters were dating me... o_0)

So what should I do? Just get it shorter? buzz it short? I need some kind of length cause the military cut shows off an awkward shaped head of mine that I can't stand... so that's out. Anything other than that I'm open to.

I really don't like to spend more than 40-60 on a single piece of... well... anything >.< If I'm going to be outside with it, it runs the risk of being ruined and I don't want to be walking around on $300 of clothing that may get ruined at any second... though I might just have to grow out of that.

I was looking at the J Crew stuff and noticed that a lot of it is polo's... I'm assuming that is what you're going at? Drop the whole band t-shirt style and go for more dressy/classy polos?

I'll take a trip to the Levis store near me and see what they got. Any other stores for suggestion? I live right next to a mall (literally a 3 minute walk) so any store that you know is in a mall is also fair game, as well as any real outlet/retailer.

11. ihaveanevilplan

looks like your hair is really fine so with some product, it'd be pretty versatile in terms of what you could do with it.

Levis are right in your price range..about $50

As for Polos, you're still young. Stick with the band shirts and jeans..the main thing is to make sure they fit right. If you're wearing slim fit shirts, you should have slimmer jeans to go with them.

Express has some nice clothing if you want to get some relatively inexpenisve "classier" clothes

12. JustJeff

What about shorts? One of my friends had commented that my shorts were so baggy and my shirt was so tight it was an awkward match...

I have Aeropostale Khaki shorts... if that helps at all. I think that's my extent of shorts, besides those $9 plaid shorts in the last picture with the guitar (It's an Epiphone DR-200... my baby :))

13. cleanerupper

cleanerupper Guest

Change your hair dude, no offense but it looks pretty gayish. Maybe try cutting it short?

14. w00tah

w00tah OT Supporter

Go to a stylist and get your hair cut. Even if they charge 15-20 dollars, its well spent on a good cut.

15. JustJeff

My aunt is a stylist, so that shouldn't really be a problem. The real problem is: what do I want to do to it? Should I just cut it and let it layer and be the same style of a haircut, or should I go for a complete redo of the style and play around with it?

16. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

ask her for suggestions

your hair looks kinda thin, so i wouldn't go too short

17. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

Levis 514

slim, straight, cheapish: 30-40 bucks. Can't recommend them enough

18. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

Also, XXI for cheap slim fit clothes. And by cheap I mean price and I guess quality. But the fits are nice and they're good if you're young

19. JustJeff

Alright. I'm gonna take a look at those stores tomorrow (or Wednesday, if I find time). I work 9-5:30 (with time in car for travel, it's really an 8-6:30) so I'll check it out tomorrow afternoon.

Thursday I should be buying a video camera which will hopefully have a shitty still-photo ability and I'll take some current up-to-date pictures. If I find some stuff and buy it, I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Keep the suggestions coming, I'm liking this. You guys really know your shit. :)

20. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

You need to stop wearing all that PacSun stuff :o

21. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

Try going to Macy's and Express. Macy's has a decent sale going on right now. I just picked up a shirt and some shorts today, and Express usually has good sales.

22. stolid_agnostic

stolid_agnostic One who is both stolid and agnostic. Get a diction

something short...short is in except for emo people :rofl:

something you can put some product in, mess it up, and walk out the door

23. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

the hair in the first pic doesn't look too bad. I think it could look ok on the longer side depending on how you style it. Like Atmosphere said, I wouldn't go too short. Your nose is pretty prominent, so short hair would make it look huge.

I'm extremely biased in favor of guys who look like this...but it's probably not as much about the hair :hs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

About the shorts, target has some slimmer cut and shorter length shorts that look pretty good and are pretty inexpensive

25. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

I think you should definitely cut your hair. Like Cedric said though, not TOO short.