Fix Laptop or Not

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dominion, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

Got a problem. My laptop keyboard is no worky. A friend spilled soda into it awhile back and now when you boot up the laptop it finally decided to take ad ump on itself. It will give me a keyboard error (however the keyboard still works to press F1 and explore around in the BIOS).

But when I get to the login screen for XP, the keyboard will not function nor will the mouse.

So I can do one of two things. Spend an hour on the phone fighting with foreigners on what I can do to have my laptop fixed (it's out of warranty AND user damage) or I can go and buy a small keyboard/mouse combo for the laptop and not worry about it. (I hardly take the thing anywhere anyways so....)

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

well, why don't you just buy a PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse and be done with it?

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

What kind of laptop is it? I had to buy a new keyboard for a Dell laptop last year and it took nothing more than a 5 minute phone call to Dell to place the order. It came out to about $30 and arrived in 2 days.

4. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

HP Pavilion, the thing is The mouse isn't working either. I'm hoping the motherboard itself doesn't have to be replaced. Because a soda was spilled into other random crap happened as well. The system runs fine, and ran fine till this error came up.