Fitness for women

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Thomas Crenshaw, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

Well since i noticed that this subforum is mainly overproducing testosterone, are there any women here? I have a close friend (female obv) whos looking to get fit and i havent seen a good routine for any females. if there is one i missed in the arch just link and close this...thanks

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

my gf was developing very well on bill starr 5 x 5 but we are about to switch to 3 x 5 routine

3. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

link to said program?

4. Abomb

Abomb New Member

5. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

i think a female will be fine on any type of routine. dont let her be like 90% of the women who just do cardio. they think weights will make them big and jacked, weights would be better over a cardio only routine.

just start with something simple. body part isolation each day. pick 3 - 4 exercises for each day/body part and do 4-5 sets of 10 - 12 reps. maybe throw 20 mins of cardio in after each weight training session. do 2 days on 1 day off. do some cardio on your days off if you want.

do this for a month or two and you will learn your body and how its going to react. switch it up or hop on a routine you find online.

6. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Women don't produce enough testosterone to get jacked. Any solid 3-4x a week routine will be fine.

Biggest thing for women is diet, most of theirs suck tremendously large donkey nuts. They are afraid to eat 4ish times a day because they think they'll get fat and they're afraid to eat enough when they do actually eat.

Get the diet in line, routine is easy after that.

7. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

best advice so far.

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i have to respectfully disagree my friend. my gf has shown the best gains from 5 x 5 heavy (for her) vs a body part split

but everyone could be different and i may have stumbled upon her sweet spot really fast.... so who knows. im an advocate for women lifting heavy either way :p

9. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

?

10. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

you have a rare bird mang. i wouldnt throw a n00b women at the 5x5. too many compound lifts for them to try to adjust to, and the progression is pretty aggressive without a rest.

start them on the basics and see where they go from there.

11. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

look at kiri's log. She is using the New Rules of Weight Lifting of Women, which is super popular right now. Also, 30 day Shred by Jillian is really popular too. I'm mostly a dieter and I don't lift weights at all (besides puney free-weights)...so I'm no help at all besides those few things.

12. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I agree with abomb here. Alot of women I've trained including my gf I've put on full body splits...and most were noobs. I would probably introduce a bodypart split if anything down the road though probably do an upper/ lower split first.

13. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

maybe all the women i've met are just lazy :rofl:

14. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

:mamoru:

15. Abomb

Abomb New Member

she has seen better results IMO doing the full body compound movements then breaking up into individual parts.. then again so have I :p

could be. and she is a rare bird. she gets fucking pissed when we arent squatting.. luckily we are usually squatting

16. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

:rofl:

17. NUDES

NUDES New Member

Really doesn't matter. For what 99.9% of girls want (eg just to look good naked), what they do (5x5 vs bodypart vs this and that) will really make no difference at all in the grand scheme of things.

And a bodypart split still requires compound movements. Not sure why people think that bodypart = no compound.

Most girls don't give a fuck about their "gains" or whatever. They just want to look good. Most logical routines with compound movements will accomplish that.

Hell a ton of figure girls just do lots of supersets, giant sets, etc.

18. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

/

19. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

who said you have to eat low fat?

I personally prefer high pro, moderate fat and low carb.

20. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

How much more basic can you get than 5x5?

Women should be doing only compound lifts imo. First compound lifts primarily work the muscles women care about (ass, quads, chest). Having them do curls and shit is a waste of time. If anything women should be doing hard shit more than guys. They will make way less progress than we will so their effort must be significantly higher to see a difference.

Obviously women can't handle the intensity that we can, but that just means drop the weight not change the exercise.

21. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

like i said, most of them must be too lazy or scared. the machines are in a separate part of them gym from the free weights. i think the grunts and weights crashing scare them, seriously. my wife wouldnt touch a free weight to save her life, it was machines 100% of the time.

my experience is only based on a few people though.

22. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Came here to post this. kiri is doing excellent and I told my sister to get the book too and she really likes it.

23. NUDES

NUDES New Member

Why is a curl useless? What makes a curl more useful for a guy than a girl? Compound movements are more important obviously but let's not get carried away.

For what 99% of girls want it REALLY doesn't matter at ALL. Like, really at all. Shit some of the girls with the best bodies I've ever seen do circuit training and then they do sprints and/or high intensity cardio a few days a week.

As long as they are doing something for muscularity with some compound movements it doesn't matter. Unless they are trying to step on a figure stage or a bodybuilding stage (which, as I said, a lot of figure girls do circuit training as well)..

24. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

25. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I can't really lift weights because of back issues, but I read the book and it's awesome and laid out well...it also has an easy diet plan to follow. Apparently if you have trouble with the moves you can look them up on you tube or exrx.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.