Fisker?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Get Shorty, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Get Shorty

Get Shorty New Member

These look pretty cool, but I had never heard of them before... Anyone know anything about them? :dunno:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you want bigger pics, click on the images the go the gallery. The full sized pics are available there.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

IIRC, they take a m6 and make them into those. Don't really remember any details.

3. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

not an m6, it's a rebodied mercedes(SL afaik)

Designed by the once head designed of aston martin.

4. shiba

shiba Active Member

one definately has a m6 interior and the other has a sl interior probably the m6 interior for the 4 passenger version and the SL interior for the 2 passenger version.

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I was talking about the coupe. The convertable I have no idea about.

6. Patrick33

Patrick33 New Member

M6 and SL... use their own bodywork and interior trims. Adds 50-100k to the prices.

7. XERQ

XERQ Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yeah the interior looks EXACTLY like the one in my SL500

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2006
  8. L&E

L&E New Member

In real life the interior is amazing, here's a pic of the Fisker from last weekends VIP show in LA

[​IMG]

9. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

I just saw one at the gym the other day, and noticed that it plate frames from the dealership I worked at this summer in Seattle (Barrier), so I called my buddy who works there, and he remembered the car.

As far as the Mercedes based ones go, you first buy either an SL 55 or 65 (this one was a 65), and then an additional 200k gets you the Fisker car. A ridiculous interior and Carbon Fiber body comes back to you, along with the other obvious stuff.

Get this though:

The guy who bought it lived in Hunts Point (Wealthiest area in Washington and one of the wealthiest in America) in a $20 million house. For some reason, he wanted the 3rd car ever made, which had already been sold (only 150 are/have/will be made). So Fisker had to find the person who bought the 3rd one off the production line, and ask him if he would sell it, which he did.

Now that is money.

10. Matto ELITE

Matto ELITE New Member

@DeeRock

What did you do at Barrier Mercedes-Benz? I interviewed there around 2 weeks ago (I was in the Sales Department for Spokane Mercedes-Benz), but I think I'll be taking a job with Bellevue BMW...

That's cool thats someones in sort of the same area!

11. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Does anyone else think they look too damn much like aston martins?

12. Ingen

Ingen New Member

Nonsense.

Honda civics dont' look nearly enough like AM's. if every car looked like an aston martin, i'd be happier :) especially if they had that sound too.

13. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

those cars are fuckin hawt...its a good business for fisker cuz they don't have to go thru the entire process of building a car from the ground up etc etc...

14. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I was gonna say they looked like rebranded AMs. Not gonna complain about that; I'm all about buying an upmarket car that's been rebadged to move downmarket and take the money from the common vulgar masses. That's why I drive a B5 Passat.

15. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Looks like a Aston martin had sex with a BMW

16. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

I just worked as a Porter for the summer. Not a bad job, just kinda sucks doing grunt work, but I just wanted to give it a shot. I'm sure it's not as bad in the winter when it is less busy, and since it's raining all the time, you don't have to be as anal about keeping cars super clean.

I liked it, the people there are pretty cool, especially since Connie is no longer the Manager at Mercedes. She always thought I was just there to dick around and that I only had the job because of my dad (He did all the marketing for Barrier the first 20 or so years.)

If I were you, I would meet the finance managers at BMW and see if you like them. Jason and Troy are very nice guys and try really hard to hook up your sale, especially if you are cool with them. They bought me lunch literally EVERY day this summer.

Anyway, let me know how it goes.

Edit: Who did you interview with?

17. Matto ELITE

Matto ELITE New Member

Corey F.

He's the New Vehicle Sales Manager. I was selling 5 cars a month at Spokane Mercedes. We sold 19 cars last month. Bellevue BMW sold 152 :eek3: ...We had 7-8 guys at Mercedes, this store only has 12...My car average should skyrocket.

I think I'll be living in Renton for around 6 months, then hopefully upgrade to Bellvue with the GF after that.

Anything I should look out for, or is it a pretty sweet store? I know they're autonation owned, we were Lithia:hsd:

18. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

Wait, which store are you talking about? Are you going to work at BMW?

19. Matto ELITE

Matto ELITE New Member

BMW of Bellevue...sorry if I was all over the place in my last post...

Mercedes-Benz of Spokane (Lithia) - This was my old store, 1 averaged 5 units a month, and we sold 19 cars last month. There were 7-8 sales guys including internet.

BMW of Bellevue will be my new store....just wondering if you had any incite on this store. :)

20. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

Oh, no I really don't know anything about those guys. Now, the guys across the street, Park Place Motors, I know plenty about them *sniff*.

21. Matto ELITE

Matto ELITE New Member

:rofl:

They didn't get the memo that the dealer-coke cliche was sooooo 80's? Park Place LTD, I saw their lot. FULL of Lotus Elise's, a few Maseratis, a Viper, couple of Vette's, etc..

Do they do pretty well? i dead on how many cars they sell a month?

22. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

They had an R34 GTR there this summer, they wanted $180,000 for it.

I'm not sure how well they do. My friend's dad started the rental division of PP, but left come some of those guys are real dicks. I have had friends who have had problems with some of them when they go to look at cars.

If you see a crazy colored Lambo Gallardo (or maybe a Murc.), that is Scooter's. He is one of the owners. That whole family is worth hundred's of millions of dollars, which they inherited from their grandmother (their grandfather owned Fisher Broadcasting).

Drive around that lot and the back shops, you will see some $$$$$ crazy custom jobs.