First Timer

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by LDUB, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LDUB

LDUB Guest

I just got my first car a couple weeks ago. Its still looking great, but I always gotta have my stuff looking good, so Im about to detail the car. I already have the soap and wax im using, but what should i use for the interior? Im just gonna vacuum the seats and carpet, becuase theyre not dirty, but what can i use to wipe the dash and center console with?

2. LDUB

LDUB Guest

thanks for all the help guys

3. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

If you dont have alot of stuff just use a soapy rag (squeeze all of the water out) and wipe down the dash. Then rinse the same rag with clean water and wipe it down again; let everything dry and spend 4.00 on some decent plastic protectant at an auto store.

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Check out the product stickies thread at the top of the main page for more suggestions on vinyl protectant.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Have some patience. You do understand detailing is a day time job and those of us who do this professionally aren't going to be on during the day unless it is raining in our area.

I spent quite a bit of time on the detailing EDU stickied on this page, read through it and any questions you have after that, ask away. Just remember if you ask during the day, it may take time for someone to respond.

6. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Scott is right.
    The EDU is so informative.
    I still use it.

7. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

Damp microfiber cloth works well, I also like Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer. It leaves a pretty good matte finish. I usually try to use as few chemicals as I can on my interior, so I really like just a wipe down once a week with the damp mf.

8. LDUB

LDUB Guest

ya i did read the sticky, and i couldnt find any really helpful info on it. and the post was at 8:55 at night, thats not during the day

9. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Wipe off with Microfiber towel, then use some Meguiars Interior Cleaner (Tan and Red bottle, sometimes Tan with Black). and re-go over with another MF towel. Either that or use Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner, thats what I've been using lately, nice shine, no build up, doesn't seem to attract must dirt / dust.

10. Scottwax

10:55 and later for me or anyone in the eastern time zone though, those of us who work during the day aren't up real late. Like I said, have patience, someone will get to it.

Straight from the EDU, pretty sure it covers your question about interior cleaning and protecting....

Interior Cleaning Products

I use an 8:1 mixture of water and Woolite (the laundry soap version) in a spray bottle as my interior cleaner (8 parts water, 1 part Woolite). You can use it on leather, vinyl, carpet, fabric, etc. Spray, scrub with a small brush with nylon bristles as needed, wipe up and wet vac as needed.

Meguiars and several other manufacturers have great all purpose cleaners that are safe for most interior surfaces but read the label first! I'd only recommened the water/Woolite mixture for leather though.

Interior Protectants

Vinyl, rubber and weather stripping-

Optimum Protectant Plus
    Meguiars #40, Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer, Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant
    Poorboy's Natural Look Dressing
    Armor All Original Shine
    Vinylex

Leather-

Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner
    Turtle Wax's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
    Tanner's Preserves
    Lexol
    Leather Master's Leather Vital (it ain't cheap!)

11. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:ugh2:

12. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

you sound like a dick. the stickies are useless, no one answers you fast enough and you have an attitude when your asking US for favors.

since when did we owe you anything?

13. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Yeah, and the funny part is, he still expects us to help him. :mamoru:

14. victionone

victionone New Member

:nuts:

15. LDUB

LDUB Guest

you guys are assholes

16. Scottwax

No, you are. It isn't our fault you didn't read through the stickies which clearly answered your question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.