First Timer! please help

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by gchang817, Apr 10, 2007.

1. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

I have two cars i need to detail:

1 - 2006 Honda Civic - Dark Blue Metallic color (Atomic Blue) - Paint is pretty clean and clear - minor swirls

2 - 2001 325 ci convertible - Silver - a few bumps and bruises on the bumper

I have read the stickies and was just gonna bring this list passed the pro's to get the final okay on my order -

1 - NXT car wash soap - apply with chenille wash mitt dry with large waffle weave microfiber towel (both cars)

RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Care Kit for the convertible top and brush with OXO Feather-Tip Wash Brush

Use wheel brush with car wash soap to clean wheels, can i use Poorboy's polish with sealant on the wheels as well?

2 - Clay Magic Clay Bar

3 - Meguiars # 80 Speed Glaze (Honda Only)

Meguiars # 83 followed by the Speed Glaze for the BMW

Applied with terry cloth towel? or is the microfiber good to use on this step?

4 - Poorboys Polish with Sealant - applied with microfiber pad or foam pad?

5 - Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax - applied with microfiber pad or foam pad?

6 - Meguiar's Final Detailer for the touchups

Using the woolite mix with Mothers Interior & Upholstery Brush for both and leather conditioner for the BMW.

I am sorry for the redundant questions and long post. Thank you for reading and advice.

2. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Looks ok order wise... terry will give more bite to the polishes if you are doing it by hand than MF.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

sounds good to me.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Sounds fine if that is what the cars need. Hard to say for sure without seeing them but what you described should handle light to moderate paint defects. Foam pads for your waxes and sealants and I'd use NXT before Poorboy's since NXT has light specialized cleaners that prep the paint for better bonding.

5. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

Can i use DACP for the entire car? or should i just use it for the bumper where there are some minor blemishes?

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Again, without seeing your car in person, no way to say for sure if you absolutely need to use DACP on the whole car. Start with #80 since it is less aggressive and move up to DACP if needed.