First time weight training v.bulking

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 00600, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 00600

00600 New Member

I'm 28, 6'5" and (don't laugh) 145#. I was 165 8 months ago, but I just went through hell and I dropped a ton of weight.

There's a Gold's 2 blocks away from my job, so it would be easy to hit it on the way home every day (I figure 20-30 min). I sent them an email, waiting to hear back about a membership.

I ordered 10# of ON Gold Standard 100% Whey, 100g of NutraPlanet generic Tricreatine Malate powder, and a bottle of Controlled Labs Orange Triad MV.

I had to try them out just for taste :) Not as bad as I thought, hell of a lot better than the GNC crap I used in HS.

I've been doing the standard pushups, pullups, and situps at home, but it's probably going to be 2-3 weeks before I get a chance to hit the gym. I'm a fabricator/mechanic by trade, so I use my muscles pretty hard 8 hours a day anyway.

I'm thinking I should go ahead and take the suppliments (half dose) for the few weeks leading up to joining the gym, just to get my body used to processing the extra protein, and hopefully creating a storage.

As far as a workout plan I was going to follow Anthony Ellis' routine.

Any suggestions?

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

enough time in gym > 20-30 min

It helps a lot to plan you workouts in advance (youtube has sadly given me a ton of ideas for when I am in the gym) and it helps me ensure that I mix it up when I goto the gym

3. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

You need to be consuming more calories .
    My god man, eat!
    It doesn't matter what supplements you're taking right now. You are in dire need of a triple whopper with bacon x 6 daily.
    Lard pills.
    Buckets of butter.
    Cheese log.

ibtapeworm

4. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

Who is Anthony Ellis?

5. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

pasta, steak, potatos, macaroni, chicken, tuna, eat up.

6. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

One of the winners of Bill Philip's early Body for Life contests. One of two guys that failed the polygraph on whether they took steroids for the contest but Phillips allowed them to continue.

7. Abomb

Abomb New Member

oh no shit? i saw his before and after and was like this guy doesnt look natural lol but i guess he is :bowdown:

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

use purs. go heavy 4-8 rep range on all your compound lifts. do them first each day. eat. get your 200+g of protein a day.

9. 00600

00600 New Member

I am, now.

I usually wake up and grab a large bagel w/2 eggs, bacon and cheese, 1/4 gallon of coffee, 1-2 cokes between 8AM-noon (I switched to water today).

For lunch it's a 10" sub loaded (usually philly cheesesteak, Italian, or bacon cheeseburger, all loaded with cheese), a bag of chips and a large rootbeer.

Every two weeks or so I'll eat at McDonald's for a week- Double quarter pounder w/cheese meal, or a Tripplestack from Burger King- It gets pretty nasty after a week.

For dinner it's usually a large chicken breast, pork chop, steak, or 1.5 fish fillets, with a small portion of corn, peas, string beans, or carrots, and a whole lipton rice or pasta mix.

With this diet alone I was a steady 163#-165#. Though I only went back on it 2 weeks ago.

My goal is 190-200 ripped, maybe 210 soft.

No tapeworm, I just quit eating 3-4 days a week for 8 months.

10. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

It looks ok, but I would get some food around the workouts. If you ate that to stay at 165, you have to eat more to gain.

11. 00600

00600 New Member

Hence the supplements- 36g protein, 360cal, 12g carb, 3g sugar (plus 24oz whole milk) when I get to work, before I leave work, and before I go to sleep.

6AM- food
    8AM supplement
    12pm food
    4pm supplement
    4:45-5:15 work out
    6PM food
    10pm supplement

I can't eat that much food, it takes too long to eat- I get full and can't force myself to eat anymore. With the supplements I slam a shake and by the time my body realizes I've eaten too much, it's too late.

12. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Track your food on www.fitday.com

You have no way of knowing if you are getting enough protein and calories until you actually track your diet.

I GUARANTEE that your estimations will be a long way off what you are actually eating

13. 00600

00600 New Member

I think the estimations on that site are extremely inflated, it says that on an average day I consume :

3342 cal
    193g protein
    254g carbs
    169g fat

plus the supplements (1440cal, 144g protein, 48g carbs, 12g sugar daily)

14. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Not really.. double quarter pounder with cheese can easily be 1000 calories

All the foods you listed are high calorie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.