First time using Meguires NXT 2.0

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by shanker, Jan 21, 2008.

1. shanker

shanker unemployed

wow...

I have a 2000 Harley F150 with one of the worst factory paint jobs possible, I havent washed the truck in about 2-3 years so I figure since it was sunny yesturday and 65degree's ide give it a shot..

I broke out my Makita 9227c Polisher, some 3M PerfectIT Medium Cut Compound, and some NXT2.0

I first washed the truck with Dawn, Claybared all the top areas and any rough spots, the Polished with the 3M PefectIT compound, cleaned all the residue off with the Meguires QD and a MF towl, then waxed with the NXT 2.0, and I must say, that my truck looks good again...

now I have to get a years worth of HAWK HPS brake dust off my chrome wheels.....im not looking forward to that..

sucky thing though, literally 5 minutes after I was done getting the last of the wax off, it started sprinkling, and it rained all night long and has been raining all day, but my truck is beading it off like crazy.

nopics, sorry

2. HYEST

HYEST New Member

2-3 years? damn!

3. shanker

shanker unemployed

I had gone thru the drivethru toucheless car washes every month or so, but actual washing/polishing/waxing, Im guessing AT LEAST 2.5 years....and it showed...

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

So where's the pics? :squint:

NXT2.0 has far exceeded my expectations so far. Most carnauba looking sealant I have used and durability seems to be at least 4 months (that's how long I've had it). Sets up for removal a bit faster than the original version too.