GUN First time shooting....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by eof, Jun 22, 2007.

1. eof

eof New Member

Went to Target Sports in Royal Oak....rented a .38 Special Revolver. It was kind of cool but the revolver was pretty boring to shoot. I am going to go back at some point and rent a semi-auto of some sort. Don't have my camera but I will take some pics of the target tomorrow....

Is it bad etiquette to shoot at the head of the target? (Just thinking if you miss really bad high you would hit the target holder...:dunno:)

2. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Here if you shoot the holder you buy it for like 5 bucks, my friend has 3 of them so I use one of his now. I shoot for the head with no remorse :big grin:

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

just know what you can and cant hit (i.e. your skill level). if you tent to shoot a little high, dont aim for the head (or learn what you're doing wrong and correct yourself).

4. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

You're not allowed to miss.

5. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Were you by yourself when you rented the gun?

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

If you act like a tard at the range you can expect to pay for what you damage, be tossed out, or both. Acting like a tard includes high rates of fire and shots going all over the place, and breaking shit. Go for the headshot, if you can make it. If you're not that good of a shot, and you probably aren't, don't break shit trying. Be warned too if you think you'll go nuts with a semiautomatic...

7. eof

eof New Member

Meh....I didn't miss high with any of the two revolver loads that I fired off at the head. I missed left and right (still well on the paper) with 4 out of the 12 shots. The target was pretty close though....

Nice Av.

8. eof

eof New Member

Nah...a couple of people from my office were with me. One of them was an experienced shooter the other wasn't. I didn't really think about it being a bad idea to shoot at the head until after or I would have asked the experienced guy about it....but I guess it wasn't that bad of an idea.

One of the other guys which was at the range at the same time we were got warned about his rate of fire...:hs:

9. eof

eof New Member

[​IMG]

My target.... :hs: